Traffic lights at roundabouts, do they work..

Same for Mushroom Roundabout. Never had to wait more than a few seconds till idiots installed the lights.

Have to disagree with you there, especially on the Aldwarke Lane approach. Sometimes the traffic would be queued as far back as the Barber'Ave roundabout before the lights went in.

Have to disagree with you there, especially on the Aldwarke Lane approach. Sometimes the traffic would be queued as far back as the Barber'Ave roundabout before the lights went in.
Never experienced this so for me it was better before lights.

Try getting around the ones at either end of Tinsley viaduct when they aren’t working and you will have the answer to your question.
Whereas the the ones at Mushroom and M18 J1 were better without them. Swings and roundabouts.

Pardon the pun, but it's swings and roundabouts. I often sit at some roundabouts with lights thinking they aren't necessary, but then at others I wonder why they're not there. Whit Moor roundabout in Chesterfield is horrible at rush hour and I think would benefit from lights - although I think they're only needed at rush hour. Brook Hill roundabout it also awful at busy times.

However I also use the Tinsley roundabouts at rush hour and actually find them not too bad when the lights aren't working.

Archived