Portable Appliance Testing (P. A. T.) megathread

Hi,

My Sister has been told she need her PA equipment testing even though it's only 3 years old, how much is this, what do they do and what can she expect. I'll be taking her to get this done no doubt, so is it something that we can wait and then bring the equipment home?

Jane.

If there`s not a lot of equipment it`s a 2 minute job. I don`t know how much they charge to do it though. I used to do it for the uni on top of my portering and got paid nowt extra. It`s just a case of passing an electric current through the equipment and checking for earth leakage.

Its only a 10 minute job, the uni said I have to have mine done when I did a karaoke at the Raynor lounge.

Should have seen the look on their faces when they realised it was all new gear !

I think Mike at sound ideas on infirmary road should be able to help with this.

• 1 year later...

Hello there,

I am renting out my flat, and I need someone to come and do an electrical safety PAT test.

Wonder if any of you forum-ers know someone who could do this?!!

I preferably need someone to come round on either Saturday 22nd, or Friday 28th, or Saturday 29th December.

Merry Xmas

Jim

Archived