Fishing licence

Been fishing today at kiveton hall fished top pond , had some carp (not big around 4/5 lb ) but its the first time i have ever been asked for my licence in over 20 years , the environment bloke was telling me he has had 3 people today without a valid licence, and now look like going to court for a big fine of £1000+ and they are in the south yorkshire area for a while before you go fishing next time ,make sure you got one, tight lines :)

A friend of was using 3 rods on 1 license and got caught he was fined £415 ....

Just to add to the above he got fined 2 weeks ago but it has been going through the courts for five months,and he was caught at 10.30 at night on the Trent and i also know someone who got caught at 1.30 am so it seems like the EA are doing a good job of looking after our waters...

I mostly fish two or three times a week & can't remember the last time I was checked, as far as I'm concerned I don't believe bailiffs are about.

If they were some anglers wouldn't dodge.

I mostly fish two or three times a week & can't remember the last time I was checked, as far as I'm concerned I don't believe bailiffs are about.

If they were some anglers wouldn't dodge.

they are about mate,i got checked on the canal last year,they turn up in places you wouldn't think of,.and as for a grand fine yep they do and yep they will,we were fishing drayton a few years ago on a match 3 of the lads didn't have one all 3 got fines over £800,for the sake of twenty odd quid it's not worth risking !!

It's probably only anglers that look like they can't be trusted that get checked :D I obviously can be trusted & look like a good lad, Doug must also come into that category if he wasn't checked.

Other anglers certainly may look :suspect: dodgy.

So if you get checked it could your appearance or demeanor :hihi:

Archived