Portofino. A big thank you !!

bslbabe

Having had little response to my earlier post looking for disabled friendly restaurants, we visited Portofino at Heeley last night. My father is in a wheelchair and on arrival the very helpful young waitress opened up a side door to allow him easy access. The large disabled toilet was also very accessible.

What a super little gem of a place. The food was superb, very fresh and the service was excellent. I have to say one of my favourite haunts for good Italian food in Sheffield is Marco@Milano but this place comes a very close second for the italian basics, i.e pasta/pizza. The place itself is nicely decorated and was reasonably full of other diners. It is licensed but BYO option is £2 corkage.

All the staff were lovely and the service excellent and all very reasonably priced. We will definately be back !!!

Good to hear of your positive experience when dining wth your father. I also had a very pleasant time at Portofinos recently, and the staff were very accommodating in sorting grub for my vegan friends. It's certainly refreshing when all are made to feel welcome by actions such as preparing something not on the menu, or opening a side door to allow access. Sounds quite simple, but is unfortunately not as common as you'd think.

Well done Portofino:thumbsup:

Archived