Can anybody help please. need to borrow some drain rods asap

Hi if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Went outside earlier into the garden to find the kids jumping in a large puddle on further investigation its water from our drain ew! Anyway kids now inside I still have a very blocked drain has anybody got any drain rods I can borrow asap and they will be returned as soon as possible my dad can pick them up many thanks in advance.

Which drain is it? If it is from a gulley like from the kitchen or bathroom waste then put some marigolds on and put your hand down. It is usually soap and hairs with a mixture of food waste. Easy to scoop out and you know when you have cleared it with the smell of sewerage.

Same with a garden gulley, usually grass cuttings and moss. Using a drain rod can actually move the blockage around the bend and still block. Then you have a problem.

If it is from the manhole then yes it is drain rods.

Yes its from the man hole cover its leaking across the garden and with it being sunday/bank holiday monday I cant find anywhere to buy any. my dad is going to do it when we can find some drain rods :-( thanks for the advice though.

Yes its from the man hole cover its leaking across the garden and with it being sunday/bank holiday monday I cant find anywhere to buy any. my dad is going to do it when we can find some drain rods :-( thanks for the advice though.

Wickes screwfix toolstation all openand their rods are all cheap.I would not want my rod shoving into a dark dank area,especially when the grip is exerted by a middle aged man:hihi:

Archived