Nightclub wanted to scan finger print

My two cousins and I visited Chester last weekend and despite now being in our 30's and 40's we went clubbing on the two nights we were there.:loopy:

On the second night we went to a club called Politic and they said you had to be a member to get in,but we could join there and then.They asked for our names, address and emails and wanted to scan our finger prints.Now it has been some years since I last went clubbing but had never heard of this before.My cousins refused and we left the club.Does anyone else thinks this sounds a bit dodgy,would you of done this?

I work in the industry and i havent heard of it before. Im assuming it was a private members club?

Blimey, are you the only person in the industry not to be on idscan's spamming list 100 times?! :hihi:

I'm sure there's lots of other companies doing the same stuff, but here's their offering.

The fingerprint scan is so you can get easy IDless entry if you go back, it's not checked against police records.

We had gathered that but we still felt uncomfortable in this day and age of scams and ID theft ect doing this.That was the only place in the two nights we visited town that asked for this information.

We had gathered that but we still felt uncomfortable in this day and age of scams and ID theft ect doing this.That was the only place in the two nights we visited town that asked for this information.

I would assume it was probably the only place you were applying for membership of too?

It sounds like a good idea just a bit scary if hacked, passed to police to help them with their enquiries etc

I belive there are school lunches dished out using this tech in Sheffield already.

I don't know why but I would trust an offy with this more than a night club.

Archived