They burnt £1000,000 of their money together in a small fire at night

KLF - they burnt one million pounds of their money together in a small fire at night.

Who remembers this from 1994?

Youtube - K Foundation - Burn A Million Quid (Uncut) part 1:6

K Foundation Burn a Million QuidWiki article

Best song by them (for me) was

I remember it/them well,think I'll have to dig out The White Room and give it a spin:)

Guest sibon
Yep. They were desperate for their moment in the limelight.

And that's lucky, because that's exactly what they got!

Bill Drummond wasn't exactly desperate for the limelight. He'd already had far more of that than most of us could ever aspire to.

That album was brilliant. I don't have a copy, but I do have the 12" of Whitney Joins The Jams.

Bill Drummond wasn't exactly desperate for the limelight. He'd already had far more of that than most of us could ever aspire to.

That album was brilliant. I don't have a copy, but I do have the 12" of Whitney Joins The Jams.

Still nothing more than a (not) cheap media stunt and it didn't stop the KLF from spiralling into obscurity.

Still nothing more than a (not) cheap media stunt and it didn't stop the KLF from spiralling into obscurity.

This was after they decided to end their careers. They deleted all their back catalogue too, was that a publicity stunt?

Archived