Sheffield Tram £10 Fine

Yeah, they can.

Can you imagine trying to pass £3.70 down through multiple carriages and expecting to get your day rider back. Not going to happen is it.

I'm not suggesting passing money 'through multiple carriages'. Don't be ridiculous.

Oh come on i was only joking sorry i thought you may have a sense of humour. :hihi:

If it didn't really happen why would i say it? :loopy:

Other people did manage to get tickets but they got on before this couple.

If you had thought before you replied you would probably have noted i said its at the inspectors discression wether he thinks you have had a reasonable amount of time to get a ticket or not so what the conductor says is not relevant at all.

Ok so please explain this to me you get on at the end carriage and the conductor is at the start carriage and its rammed how on earth are you going to attract attention do you carry a fog horn with you?.....thought not.

Im sorry im all open for other peoples views and opinions but your just not being realistic.

Grow up

Did this really happen? Did everybody else on the tram manage to pay their fare despite the tram being busy?

As far as a reasonable effort to pay, well I'm sure at the very least they could somehow manage to attract the attention of the conductor so he knows when you got on the tram. At least that way the conductor can inform the inspectors that the passenger wasn't shying away.

I'm not suggesting passing money 'through multiple carriages'. Don't be ridiculous.

Seemed like you were. There's a maximum of two conductors you know, if it's completely rammed you've quite often no idea where they are at all as they can't move either.

If the conductor is not in your carriage then there is not a great deal you can do until he moves into there is there? My original suggestion relies on the conductor being present in your carriage or at least making his way into your carriage during your journey. I'm sure however officious the inspectors may be, they will have a modicum of common sense if you explain to them that the conductor has not yet made it to you.

I originally replied to this thread to compare the different systems operated by Sheffield and Manchester. I prefer the Sheffield system as it is less open to abuse than the Manchester system. I'm sure Supertram have brought in this new standard ticket fare to prevent toerags from using busy times to hide away from conductors, not to penalise honest passengers. It is up to the passenger to make some effort to pay for their journey and attract the attention of the conductor (if the conductor is in their carriage of course). The use of fog-horns is not required.

There's so many fare evaders it's silly..:roll:

That is what the £10 rule is trying to get.

The evaders wil make stupid stories and excuses on forum to cry cry cry that they are innocent.

I travel tram everyday and don't see no ticket collectors abusing rules to get innocent people.

Show me a filmed incident from moment someone gets on until they get fined innocently or I wil not believe the stories here.

There's a maximum of two conductors you know, if it's completely rammed you've quite often no idea where they are at all as they can't move either.

Given the size of some of the conductors its not surprising they cant move. In fact I'd go as far as saying they are a H&S hazard on a packed tram that may have to stop suddenly.

I have travelled several time from town to the Arbourthorn stop and because of the tram being packed have not paid the fare.

Archived