Old Blue Ball, Bradfield Road.

Can anybody remember the name of the landlady who ran the Old Blue Ball (Stones) on Bradfield Road at Hillsborough during the 1966 World Cup? Do any of you have any anecdotes from about that time?

Can anybody remember the name of the landlady who ran the Old Blue Ball (Stones) on Bradfield Road at Hillsborough during the 1966 World Cup? Do any of you have any anecdotes from about that time?

I have no idea of her name (too young to go in), but I do remember my Dad telling me a story of some rumpus that went down there one night with hints of an assault of some kind. We lived right opposite the pub. Link to picture below taken 3 weeks ago on my trip down memory lane.

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p621/paulcheetham1/P1020596.jpg

I used to drink in the Old Blue Ball in the 60s,I used to have a pint every dinner time with some of my work mates as we were finished for the day around 1-00pm.We were all driver-salesman at the Don Bakery round the back of the pub on Procter Place,the best place I ever worked for good mates the management were great everybody got on well,fond memories of carefree times.I can,t recolect the landlady,sometimes we would pop in the "Shaky" I remember the landlady there she was an old bird who wore a wig,one of the waiters who looked like a silent movie gigalo was looking after her if you get my drift!.He eventualy inherited the pub,from the "Shaky" it was on to the White Buildings for a game of snooker,that was our routine most days fond memories from 50yrs ago!:hihi::hihi:

Archived