Is curry a cure for cancer?

The possible health benefits of curry have been advertised for a while. Luckily for me I love the stuff :love:

This will be great if it works, Cancer kills so many people, surely a cure can't be too far away now?

Curcumin has been shown to be really good for you in all sorts of ways. Traditionally Indian chefs have put turmeric on cuts to prevent infection and there are lots of other ways that it is now being tested.

I doubt that the finished version will include any sort of eating curry, because that's both not a measured dose of curcumin and also not a high enough dose.

There are lots of other things, both good and bad, in curry, including a natural painkiller (capsaicin) which is derived from chillis.

...There are lots of other things, both good and bad, in curry, including a natural painkiller (capsaicin) which is derived from chillis.

That's also a main ingredient of Fiery Jack ointment (the subject of another, recent, thread).

Archived