Proposed new law - drug driving.

Drug-driving in England and Wales could become a specific offence, with a potential jail term and fine, under a new law expected in the Queen's Speech.

Police have to show driving has been impaired by drugs to prosecute.

But under the plans, drivers could face up to six months in jail for driving with certain controlled drugs in your body in excess of specified limits.

Quite frankly this is a load of crap. The current laws with regards to alcohol are just as daft. Arbitrary limits determine if somebody is safe to drive.

Yet alcohol affects people differently.

I passed my 2nd driving test stoned.. I failed the first one sober. Perhaps I am only safe to drive when under the influence of cannabis, and not when sober!

Maybe we should give multiple driving tests, and allow people to do them in varying states of intoxification. And then we can determine when they are safe to drive. Testing them each year, so that we can make sure their age is having no affect upon their driving.

it was once tested on the show Fifth gear. he drove the car without being intoxicated and then again when he was. his concerntration level was better when he was stoned.. My mr drives stoned and his response on the road is excellent. i wouldnt be able to do it though... must affect people differently??

it was once tested on the show Fifth gear. he drove the car without being intoxicated and then again when he was. his concerntration level was better when he was stoned.. My mr drives stoned and his response on the road is excellent. i wouldnt be able to do it though... must affect people differently??

As long as its not acid he'll be ok :hihi:

Archived