Proposed new law - drug driving.

Quite frankly this is a load of crap. The current laws with regards to alcohol are just as daft. Arbitrary limits determine if somebody is safe to drive.

Yet alcohol affects people differently.

I passed my 2nd driving test stoned.. I failed the first one sober. Perhaps I am only safe to drive when under the influence of cannabis, and not when sober!

Maybe we should give multiple driving tests, and allow people to do them in varying states of intoxification. And then we can determine when they are safe to drive. Testing them each year, so that we can make sure their age is having no affect upon their driving.

If someone is over the drink limit or had a smoke and can still control their vehicle, they shouldn't be stopped by the police in the first place.

If you're over the limit or stoned and you're driving like a tit, you deserve to be pulled over anyway.

The police only tend to confiscate cannabis from drivers anyway. I think they are fully aware that the drug is far less dangerous than alcohol, even when driving.

Speaking as the victim of a drugged drivers selfish attitude to driving while stoned , I think there should be zero tolerence to all mind altering substances , booze included. The pilock could have killed me . As it was I have a spinal implant replacing the discs in my neck and a large scar across my throat due to his need to roam the roads out of his skull. I never drink at all if I'm going to drive , not even a half of shandy . I know my reactions are impaired by alcohol. My husband is not allowed to drive due to his medical condition which can cause altered perception that comes on suddenly. He feels he would be safe and he probably would but isn't selfish enough to risk his own and others lives by risking it . So why would the stoners think they can ?

The police only tend to confiscate cannabis from drivers anyway. I think they are fully aware that the drug is far less dangerous than alcohol, even when driving.

Well a recent report (no I can't honestly remember exactly where) stated that exceeding the limit with alcohol made you 14% more likely to have an accident whereas on drugs you were 21% more likely

Speaking as the victim of a drugged drivers selfish attitude to driving while stoned , I think there should be zero tolerence to all mind altering substances , booze included. The pilock could have killed me . As it was I have a spinal implant replacing the discs in my neck and a large scar across my throat due to his need to roam the roads out of his skull. I never drink at all if I'm going to drive , not even a half of shandy . I know my reactions are impaired by alcohol. My husband is not allowed to drive due to his medical condition which can cause altered perception that comes on suddenly. He feels he would be safe and he probably would but isn't selfish enough to risk his own and others lives by risking it . So why would the stoners think they can ?

Thank you for your straight foreward and sensible attitude you have my full sympathy being a 100% innocent victim of someone elses I'm alright jack selfishness.

Your life has been badly affected by someone sharing the same selfish irresponsible attitude as certain members on this forum.

Well a recent report (no I can't honestly remember exactly where) stated that exceeding the limit with alcohol made you 14% more likely to have an accident whereas on drugs you were 21% more likely

This means nothing to me.

And by drugs, what do you mean. You do realise that alcohol is a drug and that there is a big difference between smoking a joint and shooting hot smack into your blood.

Alcohol is a drug. You call alcohol by it's name but lump every other known mind altering substance together under the term 'drugs' as if they are all the same. Are you sure you can't remember what this report is, as opposed to it being a load of balls you just made up?

Back on topic..............................Before the junkies and alcoholics hijack this thread completely.

Copied from my post on another forum;

Drink driving, drug driving, drunk driving, driving under the influence of drink or drugs, driving or attempting to drive a mechanically propelled vehicle while unfit through drink or drugs is punishable under the Road Traffic Act 1998 s.4(1).The Maximum Penalty is 6 months prison sentence and the Maximum Fine is £5000.

The proposed new laws are to make driving under the influence of controlled drugs illegal.

The laws won't come into effect until 2014. Devices to screen for drugs in the body are expected to be type approved by the Home Office at the end of 2012, although they won't be used until the laws come into effect two years later. Devices for testing for drug use at the roadside are expected to be type approved by 2014 to coincide with the introduction of the new law. At the present time, the Government has not yet decided which specific drugs will be considered out of bounds for drivers. Nor has it decided what quantity of these drugs a person has to ingest before he or she is considered to be over the limit. The exact drugs covered by the offence and the specified limits for each will be determined following advice from an expert panel of scientists and a public consultation.

This could drag on for a while..........................................ZZZZZZ.

Back on topic..............................Before the junkies and alcoholics hijack this thread completely.

Copied from my post on another forum;.

I agree 100%, it may also be a good idea for legislation to be brought in for the government to be able to indentify all those on these forums who promote drug usage even those that are now given the silly PC name of recreational drugs by sad people.

This means nothing to me.

And by drugs, what do you mean. You do realise that alcohol is a drug and that there is a big difference between smoking a joint and shooting hot smack into your blood.

You seem well informed on the subject of illegal drug use.:suspect:

Archived