Nissan Micra to buy or not to buy?

Can anyone give me any advice on how reliable nissan micras are?

I am looking at buying one for my first car as gthey are cheap to buy, run and insure.

Just wondered if anyone had any experience and any common problems with them?

Thanks =)

i had a 1996 nissan micra and it was the best car i have ever had (so far) i loved it, i had it for 10 years and it never missed a beat and never failed an MOT, i paid around £3K for it, i went everywhere in it, loved it and would highly recommend

I am looking at buying one for my first car as gthey are cheap to buy, run and insure.

Thanks =)

Providing it has been looked after and not abused it will be very reliable, I would have a Nissan over a Ford or Vauxhall anyday due to reliability.

Thanks =)

For your first car its an excellent choice.

Yes they are very good little cars cheap and reliable they do have a few little faults the worst one is the front cross member can rot away have a good look at that first get under the front and have a good look at it they tend to rot around where the radiator sits, they also have a problem with the ignition key barrel a lot of them were done on recall a few years ago, also they have a tendency to gas up when you start them up, don't touch the gas peddle turn the key don't rev it and let it run for a few seconds to warm up and they are away.

There's only two things that would survive a nuclear holocaust.

Cockroaches

K11 Nissan Micra

Pretty much impossible to kill really!

Well said! I had an old micra as few years ago & it never failed an MOT, it was so reliable and I never had any problems whatsoever. The only thing that killed it were a couple of joyriders who set it on fire.

Go for it!

Archived