What do your house mates do (or not do) that bugs you?

I once shared a house with a bloke who worked in an office and had to wear a suit to work . One morning I saw him make a tuna sandwich , wrap 2 pieces of kitchen towel round it ,put it in his jacket pocket and go for his bus to work !

You aint jealous because he bonks for hours...are you?:P

Hahaha, I walked right into that one didn't I? No I'm not jealous, fair play to them to be honest, at least they're having a good time, I'd just rather not have to listen to it (I'm sure she's faking anyway...she puts Meg Ryan to shame!!!) ;)

From the house mates I have had over the years a few annoyances come to mind (fortunately I now live with my fiancée and no longer have to put up with this kind of crap):

Not cleaning the...

Cooker,

Kitchen surfaces

Oven,

Fridge,

Floors,

Carpets,

Any and all surfaces in the house,

Themselves,

Toilet,

Bath,

Bathroom,

Their room,

Not doing the gardening,

Not doing the dishes

Inefficient loading of the dishwasher

Not emptying the dishwasher

Grow various fungi and moulds in or on my best crockery

Not taking their clothes out of the washing machine

Leaving raw chicken uncovered in the fridge

Splattering chicken blood all over the inside of the fridge and then just leaving it

******* in the kitchen sink

******* in the bath

When washing dishes by hand not doing the sensible thing and filling the sink up with water and adding washing liquid, instead running the tap constantly, squeezing copious amount of washing liquid on each dirty item and then rinsing.

Not being able to work out how a draining board works. I lived with one imbecile who would just place all his washed cups, plates etc randomly around the kitchen the right way up so that rather than the water draining it evaporated off leaving scummy soap marks on everything.

Breathing.

Sitting in my spot.

Drinking my alcohol.

Stealing my cigs.

Never buying any weed.

Failing to appreciate the fine aroma of my flatulence.

Not being female, hot, young, Swedish and with a penchant for wandering around the house naked.

Breathing.

jb

From the house mates I have had over the years a few annoyances come to mind (fortunately I now live with my fiancée and no longer have to put up with this kind of crap):

Not cleaning the...

Cooker,

Kitchen surfaces

Oven,

Fridge,

Floors,

Carpets,

Themselves,

Toilet,

Bath,

Bathroom,

Their room,

Not doing the gardening,

Not doing the dishes

Splattering chicken blood all over the inside of the fridge and then just leaving it

******* in the bath

When washing dishes by hand not doing the sensible thing and filling the sink up with water and adding washing liquid, instead running the tap constantly, squeezing copious amount of washing liquid on each dirty item and then rinsing.

Not being able to work out how a draining board works. I lived with one imbecile who would just place all his washed cups, plates etc randomly around the kitchen the right way up so that rather than the water draining it evaporated off leaving scummy soap marks on everything.

Breathing.

Sitting in my spot.

Drinking my alcohol.

Stealing my cigs.

Never buying any weed.

Not being female, hot, young, Swedish and with a penchant for wandering around the house naked.

Breathing.

jb

^^^This :)

Apart from my chosen Swede would be male and I didn't smoke weed or fart.

My brother went to Uni and shared a house with somebody who used to sleepwalk.

Apparently in the middle of the night he would walk around the house, come into peoples bedrooms, get into bed with them and start cuddling them. He also used to go to sleep early evening and then start sleepwalking when people were in the shower, and he would always end up in the bathroom attempting to get into the shower with someone (this was often the female students)

Obviously when he got woke up he said sorry

Not cleaning the...

Cooker,

Kitchen surfaces

Oven,

Fridge,

Floors,

Carpets,

Themselves,

Toilet,

Bath,

Bathroom,

Their room,

Not doing the gardening,

Not doing the dishes

******* in the bath

Breathing.

Sitting in my spot.

Drinking my alcohol.

Stealing my cigs.

Never buying any weed.

Breathing.

jb

I can relate to the majority of this extensive list. The only thing I can add that you didn't cover is that my housemate spends a minimum of one hour taking a crap, sometimes nearer two (in a house with only one loo this can cause problems!) I've asked him how it can possibly take that long and surely he mustn't really need that much if it takes that long to "drop the kids off", but he claims that it's just a nice bit of relaxing "me time" and a nice change of scenery from his room. It makes me want to crap in his bed and smother his face in it!!! :rant:

My brother went to Uni and shared a house with somebody who used to sleepwalk.

Apparently in the middle of the night he would walk around the house, come into peoples bedrooms, get into bed with them and start cuddling them. He also used to go to sleep early evening and then start sleepwalking when people were in the shower, and he would always end up in the bathroom attempting to get into the shower with someone (this was often the female students)

Obviously when he got woke up he said sorry

Aye! If he's a genuine sleepwalker,then i'm a bald legged chicken.

Perv more like.

Eating your last tin of tuna, so your tuna, pasta, mayo dinner becomes even duller.

Our student days seemed to always have someone in the house who did not want to pay for a tv licence or phone line but were happy to watch it or use their mum's charge card from the phone.

Not rinsing the sink after a shave.

Archived