Does being a single mum put men off??

It's definitely a no goer for me, if I wanted to have children I'd want them to be mine.

Children make life complicated, especially if there's a weekend dad on the scene.

I've been in a relationship with a single mother with a "weekend dad"

I decided to be pro-active about it . I invited him out for a drink, just me and him and laid my cards on the table. Told him straight up that I wasn't there to replace him and the child would always be his & that disputes over child-care between him and his child's mother would be between them, I wouldn't get involved (told that to her too). But I did say that I wouldn't take kindly to being dicked about

He was gracious about it and said that he appreciated me being man enough to set the record straight from the start & we got on fine.

It's all about how you handle things initially that sets the tone.

Hi everyone...just wondering if men are put off going on date or starting a relationship with someone who is a single mum. Be honest :)

Some men are. I wasn't. Best decision I ever made.

Hi everyone...just wondering if men are put off going on date or starting a relationship with someone who is a single mum. Be honest :)

There as implications which need to be addressed :-

Is she a single mum because,

Widow,

Divorcee,

Unmarried.

What is the relation between the child and the natural father,

Who will be responsibile for the child in a new relationship,

And those are just a few questions that have to be decided. :huh:

I personally wouldn't date a guy with a child, but that's purely because I don't want children or to be with someone who has that responsibility just yet. In the future that'll probably change when I get to the point when/if I want children myself.

I think it bothers men less though, most guys I know have or are dating someone with a child.

I think you'll just attract people who are at the same point in life as you are :)

Agreed,no chance of me dating a woman with kids.they hold you back you cant do what you want when you want.No thanks.

I agree and I would also be concerned as to why she was a single mum. I believe that having a child is such a huge commitment that the parents should make every effort to stay together rather than taking the selfish option of splitting up as soon as they get bored of the relationship.

Hi , No i dont think it does put men off seeing a single mum as long as your open and honest from the start, Men dont tend to like suprises in small packages , ive been with my single mum for 10 years and married her 3 years ago , best thing that ever happened to me , good luck.

Archived