Does being a single mum put men off??

I wouldn't care if she had a child, although as a single dad myself i have noticed that women are put off by this, unless they just used that as an excuse :help:

It wouldn't put me off :D

I know some women it would, but I think I am quite mature, laid back and understanding.

I agree and I would also be concerned as to why she was a single mum. I believe that having a child is such a huge commitment that the parents should make every effort to stay together rather than taking the selfish option of splitting up as soon as they get bored of the relationship.

In some cases though, it's actually better for the child if the parents split.

Fact is that it's entirely possible for a child to be brought up happy and healthy, by one parent.

Obviously, some children from single parent families suffer, then again, some children from 2 parent familes also suffer- it comes down to the attitudes of the parent/s, not whether there is one vs two of them.

And, in answer to the op- yes, I would happily embark on a relationship with a single mum- anyone who can successfully bring up a child on their own clearly has many characteristics that can only help when it comes to a successful relationship.

Fact is that it's entirely possible for a child to be brought up happy and healthy, by one parent.

Obviously, some children from single parent families suffer, then again, some children from 2 parent familes also suffer- it comes down to the attitudes of the parent/s, not whether there is one vs two of them.

And, in answer to the op- yes, I would happily embark on a relationship with a single mum- anyone who can successfully bring up a child on their own clearly has many characteristics that can only help when it comes to a successful relationship.

And the reward for the most nature post goes to onewheeldave

One of the most significant bits of progress in recent years on the raising-children front, has been the realisation that a pair of divorced, happy parents are better for a child than a pair of miserable, married parents. (A pair of happily married parents is best of all, but that is not always an available option.)

Hi everyone...just wondering if men are put off going on date or starting a relationship with someone who is a single mum. Be honest :)

Ok, to turn things around a little, does being a single dad put women off? BTW, just for the record, I'm not trolling, I'm a single dad.

Archived