Taking holiday money to bulgaria

Be very careful if you take sterling and make sure you are insured because although it has got better over the last few years, you do have to be very aware of pickpockets, especially on the buses.

Personally I always draw money out of ATM's as even though you may pay a bit more for that at least you won't lose loads. There is also a card you can get from the Post Office that you can put so much money on and draw it out over there which I think is cheaper.

What ever you do dont change it at the little street vendors either go to the bank or use the hotel.

I agree, hire a car and do a bit of travelling, it really is beautiful once you leave the resorts :)

We travelled across the country from Sofia to Sunny Beach the countryside is stunning once you get out to the mountains and forests.

For Gods sake don't go. Mafia run ****hole as you clearly know. Why subsidise them?

Totally agree with you andygardner, Bulgaria is a dump ... even worse, try visiting Romania, an experience I don't want to repeat.

Archived