Wanted an opinion on nye@the forum

piggy

Originally posted by piggy

hi me and the missus are thinking of coming to sheffield for nye have seen the forum cafe bar on the web anyone care to give a general opinion and/or description of the forum ie. size of place, age group that gets in there etc

The Forum is a medium sized cafe bar, dont know the capacity - but dare say you could squeeze a few hundred in there, mainly 20 & 30 somethings and the crowd is the slightly fashionable side of mainstream.

Originally posted by jake

The Forum is a medium sized cafe bar, dont know the capacity - but dare say you could squeeze a few hundred in there, mainly 20 & 30 somethings and the crowd is the slightly fashionable side of mainstream.

For NYE both the Forum and the Common Room are open. The Common Room is the upstairs bar with pool tables etc.

See here: http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78527

:thumbsup:

Originally posted by piggy

would it be any good for a couple of reasonably youngish 50 somethings who like a drink but not too loud

Probably not - its a cafe bar it the modern big brewery sense (although the foum is still independetaly run) - i.e. aimed at the slightly trendier end of mainsteam 20/30 something town drinkers with DJs playing quite loud music... (i.e not much like a cafe bar in the french sense with lots of artistic folk have a wine and discussing philospohy or something!)

For NYE The Forum looks as though its going to be the place to be, Ninio will be playing 2 50 minute live sets along with providing funky sets on the wheels of steel throughout the night. With Ratpack singer Michael Davis singing along with a BBQ and roulette tables it promises to be a fantastic night!

Archived