Near Disaster for Coach

My dad is a part time coach driver and over the weekend was doing the London run.

Whilst travelling down the motorway at 60mph he saw a pheasant fly out of some reeds, next thing he new the bird hit the coach windscreen, came through the windscreen shot down the isle before hitting the back window and dropping to the floor! :o

It is so lucky that nobody was hurt - a little to the right it would have hit my dad or a little to the left it would have hit one of his passengers.

Thankfully nobody was hurt other than the poor Pheasant - R.I.P :(

My dad is a part time coach driver and over the weekend was doing the London run.

Whilst travelling down the motorway at 60mph he saw a pheasant fly out of some reeds, next thing he new the bird hit the coach windscreen, came through the windscreen shot down the isle before hitting the back window and dropping to the floor! :o

It is so lucky that nobody was hurt - a little to the right it would have hit my dad or a little to the left it would have hit one of his passengers.

This post is as believable as someone saying they have found a 4 legged chicken.

Hmmmm, I hit a pheasant on the M1 last year in a transit van when I was doing 70 and I can assure you of two things.

1) The bird died instantly

2) Depsite the speed the bird hit, it didn't penetrate the windscreen, and if by some miracle it did, there is no way it would have then carried on a further 30ft in a perfectly straight line to hit the back window.

Archived