Who is signing up to a gym now X-Mas is over and which one?

In our sixth form, we have wednesday afternoons free for 'enrichement activities'. I think some of us might be going to the boxing gym up in winkobank :confused: can't remember the name now. But we were talking about going there before christmas anyway, wasn't really to do with getting fit after filling our faces at christmas.

Originally posted by pretty_polly

Come on then who is now going to sign up to a gym now Christmas is over and which one are you signing up to?

I have been thinking about signing up to a gym for ages and now is the perfect time (and excuse) to do it.

I might sign up for Ponds Forge or Hillsborough Leisure Centre.

Can i give anyone a tip... if you work for the council .... you could ask for a corporate pass.... just need to show your wage slips as proof etc Full unlimited pass for around £20ish saves about a tenna a mth...:)that is if your gonna join at (HLC,PF) COUNCIL...

Originally posted by madowl

Can i give anyone a tip... if you work for the council .... you could ask for a corporate pass.... just need to show your wage slips as proof etc Full unlimited pass for around £20ish saves about a tenna a mth...:)that is if your gonna join at (HLC,PF) COUNCIL...

I think they do that if you work for the NHS as well. Good idea I think.

The best bet is probably Fitness Unlimited as you get access to all the main Sports Centres in Sheffield. Ponds Forge (olympic sized pool !!!) , Concord, Hillsborough and the other one near Attercliffe.

There are many classes available too.

However you can attend these classes (boxercise, circuit training, spinning etc...) without having to be a member of fitness unlimited, just pay as you train

I believe the membership fees are cheaper too, if you did want to sign up

Archived