The Beauchef restaurant

bazmcc

thanks for letting us know. I hope you are right. That place could be fantastic - a gold mine - it's a lovely building in a nice area of the city. Used to attract a very good crowd at one time, including me of course. :)

I will have a wash and put some decent clothes on and go try it.

Yes, it is in a prime location and should do well.

I have not tried the restaurant yet but had a drink in the wine bar last week. I like it, pretty dark inside with the Thornbridge green walls. The only thing it lacked was people and atmosphere, and this was on a Sunday afternoon.

I hope it succeeds, but they are going to have to work hard at it.

Yes, it is in a prime location and should do well.

I have not tried the restaurant yet but had a drink in the wine bar last week. I like it, pretty dark inside with the Thornbridge green walls. The only thing it lacked was people and atmosphere, and this was on a Sunday afternoon.

I hope it succeeds, but they are going to have to work hard at it.

Sounds like you cut a lonely figure in there Verona?

Mind you, Sunday afternoon's are not so busy I guess. Be interesting to see what it's like Friday, Saturday evenings. Probably full of old tarts like me with receding hairlines, in tight crimplene trousers and pointed shoes with silk shirt and pastel coloured v-neck sweater draped over the shoulders rather loosely. Right, where's the Old Spice? I'm going to give it a try.

Sounds like you cut a lonely figure in there Verona?

Mind you, Sunday afternoon's are not so busy I guess. Be interesting to see what it's like Friday, Saturday evenings. Probably full of old tarts like me with receding hairlines, in tight crimplene trousers and pointed shoes with silk shirt and pastel coloured v-neck sweater draped over the shoulders rather loosely. Right, where's the Old Spice? I'm going to give it a try.

Brilliant that description has made me chuckle I can just imagine it! Does the silk shirt have some horrible pattern on it?

Went for a meal on Monday night and it was superb. Possibly the best meal I've ever eaten in Sheffield.

Only one other table was occupied but somehow it didn't feel empty. Excellent service and a complete transformation from our previous visit when it was Christians...

What's really good is that there are 2 menus, one "innovative" and one more traditional. The innovative one is more expensive but well worth it.

A good selection of wines, lots by the glass.

What food was on offer? Is it same as Cricketer`s?

Have a look at Claret's blog - that gives a good indication of the Innovative side of things. We went innovative and I had scallops with bacon ice-cream and fennel shavings to start which was amazing. I had duck as a main course with a sauce to die for. And for dessert I had coconut panacota with pineapple and sechuan peppercorns. That was probably the weakest dish as the peppercorn flavour wasn't strong enough for my taste, but it was still absolutely delicious.

And the canapes and petit fours were all freshly made and interesting.

I can't remember exactly what was on the more traditional side of the menu, except there was fish pie...

Archived