The Beauchef restaurant

bazmcc

• 1 month later...
Thanks. Quite different to The Cricket then. Sounds interesting so will have to find a special occasion!

They do a menu similar to the Cricket's in the Cellar bar, the hotel restaurant is a bit fancier (if thats the right word)

Four of us went for Sunday Lunch yesterday, it was truly brilliant - I would go as far as to say it was even better than the Limon days.

We were brought a large basket of assorted warm bread rolls.

I had the mushroom starter beautifully presented in a rich sauce on a very short pastry "dish".

One of us had the lamb joint which she really enjoyed, the rest of us were going to have sirloin of beef. Sirloin had run out, but replaced with fillet. When it arrived we found plenty of beef, plus a "cylinder" of brisket, roast potatoes and the obligatory yorkshire. We got plenty of vegetables - a carrot/swede mash, green beans, new potatoes and cauliflower cheese- all delicious. We asked for extra gravy which came promptly.

For dessert my wife had chocolate tart with clotted cream which she pronounced as "O.K", but would have preferred the tart warmed. The rest went for apple crumble which came as a large portion, red hot, with a jug of custard.

Service was first class.

We finished with lovely coffees and then went home to sleep it off!.

PLEASE keep this standard up, we can't wait to return.

Brilliant that description has made me chuckle I can just imagine it! Does the silk shirt have some horrible pattern on it?

I should say so kirkyb - you don't think I'd risk spoiling the ship for a ha'peth of tar when I'm out on the pull do yer? :rolleyes:

Have a look at Claret's blog - that gives a good indication of the Innovative side of things. We went innovative and I had scallops with bacon ice-cream and fennel shavings to start which was amazing. I had duck as a main course with a sauce to die for. And for dessert I had coconut panacota with pineapple and sechuan peppercorns. That was probably the weakest dish as the peppercorn flavour wasn't strong enough for my taste, but it was still absolutely delicious.

And the canapes and petit fours were all freshly made and interesting.

I can't remember exactly what was on the more traditional side of the menu, except there was fish pie...

Blimey! :o Bacon flavoured ice-cream!! This will have Sheffielders flocking to the place. Can they make it dead dead crispy an' all and put a nice splodge of tomato ketchup on it and serve it in a "breadcake" ? (with chips of course)

A touch of the old Heston Bluementhal's in Sheffield? Eh? I'm going to faint -:gag: never thought I'd see the day.

Well done Beauchief! I am ironing my paisley cravat as soon as I've finished this and I'm on my way down for dinner. :banana:

i went a few weeks ago with my girlfriend for a special occasion and we both thought that the food was fantastic.

the staff were polite and informed and the look of the place was great. my only concern is that apart from us, on a friday night sitting at 8pm, it was empty. this didn't really bother us and the staff did apologise for the lack of atmosphere, though i hope that it picks up and doesn't struggle as it is well worth a visit. three courses and drinks for the two of us came to around £100

Archived