Mud Crab Eccy Rd

have just tried to book for friday night but they dont take bookings! i hate that! makes me edgy. anyone been yet and if so was it busy about 7pm on a friday night?! i dont get the no bookings thing at all. if youre coming with a group especially you want to be sure you'll be able to eat!

have just tried to book for friday night but they dont take bookings! i hate that! makes me edgy. anyone been yet and if so was it busy about 7pm on a friday night?! i dont get the no bookings thing at all. if youre coming with a group especially you want to be sure you'll be able to eat!

Don't worry mate, you'll get a choice of atleast twenty!

They must be busy enough if they're refusing bookings. And if they can fill the restaurant without taking bookings, all the better because they'd avoid the hassle of saving tables for no-shows or late customers, both of which lose a restaurant potential income.

Bookings for large parties are even more hassle - issues with no-shows are even worse, plus larger parties often have a slower turnaround and often don't spend as much per head.

We held a charity event there on Monday night. I came all the way up from the Isle of Wight for it and it was worth it. The staff couldn't do enough for us, the food was out of this world (try the rice donuts!) and the atmosphere was lively. Thank you, Mudcrab.

Went there last Friday at about 7ish...got a table, no problem. Nicely busy and a good vibe to the place. Good food - nacho's with the chilli beef to start, burger was nice and juicy with a smallish bun - good wine (just had a bottle of the house white which was very decent, always a good sign!) and great service. Will definitely be returning.

Archived