Mud Crab Eccy Rd

Gosh I don't like that menu - gave me headache trying to read it.

It does look very nice but the food all looks very confused going off the menu.

This was the problem I found when I went there the other week. Far too many ideas going on in each dish that just ended up tasting weird as half the flavours don’t go together. Each to their own I guess but a burger with cheese, fried egg AND peanut butter on it just doesn’t sound that appetising to me.

Interesting to see that they’ve already taken the Katsu sandwich I had off their menu though so maybe they’ve started to take some of these criticisms on board. They need to get some veggie options on there as well IMO, they’re pretty much non existent at the minute…

This was the problem I found when I went there the other week. Far too many ideas going on in each dish that just ended up tasting weird as half the flavours don’t go together. Each to their own I guess but a burger with cheese, fried egg AND peanut butter on it just doesn’t sound that appetising to me.

Interesting to see that they’ve already taken the Katsu sandwich I had off their menu though so maybe they’ve started to take some of these criticisms on board. They need to get some veggie options on there as well IMO, they’re pretty much non existent at the minute…

It's basically a burger bar for burger munching meat eaters..no need for vege options really. Cant cater for everyone otherwise quality and standards suffer

It's basically a burger bar for burger munching meat eaters..no need for vege options really. Cant cater for everyone otherwise quality and standards suffer

A burger bar that also has found space for curry, linguini, flatbreads and tomato soup amongst other things on its menu.

You are quite right though, catering for too many tastes will inevitably lead to lower quality...unfortunately that seems to be the case here.

Totally agree!...................actually Yankees ought to consider changing their image after a 1000 years selling burgers.We went to Gauchos in London recently,a fantastic steak house offering prime Argentinian beef.Makes you realize that most people especially round these parts have never eaten good steak.Yankees would be ideal for a Gauchos type operation and whereas the cost would be more than the rubbishburgers sold everywhere,I reckon the place would be rammed most nights if the management were capable.

We went to a place on Surrey street last year and have to say the prime steaks we sampled were only fit for burger in a bun fare.

The trouble is most suppliers to these restaurants round here,is that they only sell their lesser grade stuff, like old bangers from the end of the auction at Bakewell market.The good meat goes further south where people will pay for quality,most Sheffielders shop on price alone.However a good steakhouse is ready for a comeback................Berni Inns made fortunes till they lost the plot!

You don't have to go to London to eat at Gaucho's btw. Both Leeds and Manchester have them. Worth knowing if you're the type of person who appreciates top quality food, which obviously you do, and don't mind paying a few extra quid for it.

I agree with you, there's nothing that comes anywhere close to this in Sheffield. It's a pity, but that's how it is I guess.

Interesting to see that they’ve already taken the Katsu sandwich I had off their menu though so maybe they’ve started to take some of these criticisms on board.

Just had a look at the menu and I think it's just been renamed the Road Runner Chicken Sub. Same ingredients as my Katsu chicken sandwich, but maybe the chicken has improved.

I went for lunch a few weeks back. Service was very good and I opted for the burger after having heard good things about it. Honestly... It was good. I'd maybe even say very good. But the best I've ever had? Or even the 2nd best I've ever had? Debatable. All being said though, I would (and will) definitely go back.

Archived