Rochdale nine sentenced today

So all men who have had sex with a child younger than 12 are pedophiles?

No exceptions? Regardless of where or when?

Age up to 11/12 yes, then they are called Hebephiles up to age 14 and then Ephebophiles to age 19. So wiki says.

Does that make it OK then,what do we call them ? Dont say animals thats insulting my dog

It's late. I will post about why I think these men do what they do tomorrow, if the thread is still here. These girls were abused solely for these mens' pleasure with no thought of compassion or remorse. They took what they wanted when they wanted. I am not condoning it and I agree, there will be more cases now that the police know where to look.

The religion is a key factor in the crime. Whether its gangs of Muslim men or Catholic priests. Going without sex, because the religion dictates it, is wrong, its not natural to be forced go without sex. Wearing a moral chastity belt is always going to end in problems.

If only God, who supposidly, forbids sex, hadn't made it feel so good, perhaps we wouldn't be in such a mess....

That may be a problem for Catholic Priests but not Muslim men/Imams.

I understand many of the convicted gang from Rochdale had families of their own, married and with kids.

The Islamic religion actually encourages marriage.

Yes agreed. I realised that after. I was refering to the young Muslim men /unmarried ones in general...

You do know that the only reason this case was brought to light and an earlier decision reversed (when one of the victims made her claims back in 2009 but no one bothered to take it seriously) was due to the newly appointed Chief Crown Prosecutor- a Muslim named Nazir Afzal.

If there are more gangs like this- whatever ethnic background, let us all hope they are brought to justice instead of making this a particular problem within a certain culture.

Think about the victims- they may have been let down by society but that does not mean they should be used and abused and tossed aside!

The plot thickens....

As I said earlier, there is nothing new in failing women and girls who have been the victims of sexual crimes. There was the case of Brian Witty recently, despite previous reports of rape, the CPS had decided not to proceed. We only have to witness the multitude of comments on here about women who 'cry rape' and are branded as 'slags' and liars. This is the culture that we live in, that deters women

and girls from going to the police; this is the enabler of men getting away with sex crimes. As Bindel highlights in the commentary below, the girl who reported her rape by two members of this gang, three years ago, was not considered to be a 'credible witness' by the CPS who dropped the case.

http://m.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/may/09/victims-sex-gangs-complacency-ethnicity?cat=commentisfree&type=article

As I said earlier, there is nothing new in failing women and girls who have been the victims of sexual crimes. There was the case of Brian Witty recently, despite previous reports of rape, the CPS had decided not to proceed. We only have to witness the multitude of comments on here about women who 'cry rape' and are branded as 'slags' and liars. This is the culture that we live in, that deters women

and girls from going to the police; this is the enabler of men getting away with sex crimes. As Bindel highlights in the commentary below, the girl who reported her rape by two members of this gang, three years ago, was not considered to be a 'credible witness' by the CPS who dropped the case.

http://m.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/may/09/victims-sex-gangs-complacency-ethnicity?cat=commentisfree&type=article

That's true but women have to take some responsibility for this because false accussations are common...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2143349/Student-spared-jail-making-false-rape-claim-bid-try-boyfriend-back.html

That's true but women have to take some responsibility for this because false accussations are common...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2143349/Student-spared-jail-making-false-rape-claim-bid-try-boyfriend-back.html

Where in that article does it state that false rape accusations are common? It has been proven time and time again that it is no more common that false reports of other crimes. By making comments such as yours, you are enabling sex crimes not to be taken seriously as well as the woman in question.

Archived