Rochdale nine sentenced today

Can anyone answer me this? Why is no one talking about deportation? Other countries do it. Why are we willing to allow such vile people to stay in the UK?

Some of them will be deported when they've served their sentences. Happy now?

Can anyone answer me this? Why is no one talking about deportation? Other countries do it. Why are we willing to allow such vile people to stay in the UK?

I think a few of them will be deported, presumably that ones that aren't are now citizens.

The judge can't unfortunately deport foreigners who have been granted citizenship, though it's clearly something the politicians need to look at for the future.

Any appeal based on jury irregularity is going to be difficult. Having said that if there is evidence of tweets between a juror and persons outside of the jury whilst the jury was deliberating that might constitute a contempt.

All jurors are warned in clear terms now that they should not engage in this type of thing. It would be grave to say the least that a juror thought it appropriate to send out the goings on in the jury suite - it beggars belief frankly and puts the whole trial process in jeopardy. This was hardly a shoplifting case.

As for complaints about the sentences the judge has guidelines to follow and appeals if he does not - so he followed them.

I think a few of them will be deported, presumably that ones that aren't are now citizens.

The judge can't unfortunately deport foreigners who have been granted citizenship, though it's clearly something the politicians need to look at for the future.

I suppose it comes down to the notion of whether we want to be like the French or Australians or even the Americans, and deport people if they commit crimes after they have been granted citizenship.

Personally I would throw them out.

Sentences are ridiculously short. What point is there in talking about "a total of 77 years"? Some of these disgusting beasts have recieved sentences of only 4 years, and will be out in less than 2. The British justice system is pathetic, the laughing stock of the world. No wonder lowlives flock here from other countries.

All nonces/sex offenders also get ridiculasly low sentences so no surprise there.

I suppose it comes down to the notion of whether we want to be like the French or Australians or even the Americans, and deport people if they commit crimes after they have been granted citizenship.

I agree. Those who have become citizens have breached the bond of trust with the British people that should exist for any foreigner lucky enough to be granted citizenship so it should be stripped from them and they should be deported.

Have they? Oh sorry I must have missed that part. Thanks :)

What's happening to this forum? Normal rules are that you never apologise, but blame the BBC for passing on false information, then make some sort of personal attack on BF's spelling and grammar to deflect the topic. Oh, and add a smiley or six!

I'm sure someone told me that if you receive a sentence of over 12mths your citizenship can be revoked unless you were born here? :huh:

Archived