Rochdale nine sentenced today

The point is to save court time, but it's not usually explained very well.

Suppose a man goes to jail for three years, and will have to serve all three years. If he thumps someone while inside, you'd have to go through a whole new assault trial and secure a conviction, in order to keep him inside for another three years.

Suppose, instead, that he goes to jail for six years for the same offence, and will have to serve three years. If he thumps someone while inside, there is no trial, no jury, and no cost; the governor just rescinds his early release and keeps him inside for all six.

Basically, remission is an incentive for people to behave while they're in jail. Personally I think it's a good idea; but that doesn't mean I support short sentences. It means that if someone deserves to go to jail for ten years, they should be sentenced to twenty. For offences like this, even ten years might not be enough time.

Plus, if they are released on licence and breach their conditions they can be (and routinely are) recalled to jail straight away, often to serve out their remaining terms. Those who stick to their conditions can stay out. I'm not sure those who advocate longer sentences for all crimes have the funds to pay for them. Although in cases like this I'd happily see longer sentences (which I would be happy to pay for through increased taxation).

So what makes you think other Muslims will welcome the rapists back into the fold? What makes you think your values are higher than those of the Muslim community?

This reminds me of the story in Mexborough 2 years ago of a paedophile who before serving his sentence was given a nice send off by family and friends. Not exactly a Muslim send off. They would all have been the same race and religion as you, Luncheons. Does that make you guilty of complacency towards paedophiles then?

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/friends-and-community-organise-send-off-party-as-paedophile-is-caged-1-857464

whats a muslim send off ?

I have removed posts for being off topic, attacking other users, bickering, blatant xenophibia and racism and quoting deleted posts.

If I have to do this again then the thread will remain closed.

If you think your post has been removed unfairly please contact the Helpdesk, if you can convince the admin team of your case then you may get it restored.

If you think I've missed any posts that should have been deleted please report them and they will be dealt with by the moderation team, please note this does not mean they will be automatically deleted and frivolous reports may lead to sanctions against the reporter.

If you don't want this thread to go the same way as every other similar thread then keep it on topic, keep it civil and refrain from making racist remarks.

The youngest girl was 13, so maybe she'd be considered 'adult' in other countries. Other countries would have to respect our justice system and consider it equal to their own.

Then we'd have to trust another penal system - how do we know that they won't be allowed to minimum security prisons? How do we know that in foreign prisons these men won't be rewarded and praised for what they've done?

13 in Spain and 18 in Malta. I wonder if we're considered paedophiles by the Maltese?

What's happening to this forum? Normal rules are that you never apologise, but blame the BBC for passing on false information, then make some sort of personal attack on BF's spelling and grammar to deflect the topic. Oh, and add a smiley or six!
I know, it's getting quite disconcerting. Someone apologised to me the other day too, for misinterpreting something I posted.

I almost fainted with the shock of it! :o:o:suspect::huh::help::hihi:

That idiot BNP leader has given one of them grounds to launch a appeal,why couldn't he stop his tweeting till the outcome of the trial.What a complete idiot he is,no wonder the BNP are almost finished.

The man is a plonker. Can he be locked up for contempt of court? Also, didn't Griffin study law at University?

The British justice system is pathetic, the laughing stock of the world. No wonder lowlives flock here from other countries.

you clearly don't much idea about justice systems elsewhere. Plenty of places, those guys wouldn't have got as far as the dock at all. They could have just tossed the cops a hundred quid, and been done with it.

I am sure I read very recently that the police had uncovered the same thing in the West Midlands. No doubt someone will come up with a theory as to why this is happening. I also read an article a few weeks ago (written by a local councilor in Bradford or Bolton) saying that many young muslim men are getting married twice, once in an arranged marriage and then once again with someone they really want to be with. In other words, young man is married off by his family, realises a few years later that this is never going to work, doesn't really love the woman, etc., then goes off and marries his mates sister who lives round the corner and who he has known and been fond of for years.

The councilor (who was muslim) was complaining about this practice, which is apparantly widespread, as bigamy is against the law, but the community turn a blind eye to it. It also meant that in some cases, one man has two council houses with a family in each, claiming benefits (the words of the councilor in the article before anyone jumps down my throat).

Do all of the things above have a basis in the culture of arranged marriage and people wanting what other people have (the freedom to go and chat girls up, etc.) and is this why these men all prey on young girls? because they don't have the social skills to interact with women of their own age group, because they have never been part of a society that flirts and chats people up of the opposite sex?

I am sure I read very recently that the police had uncovered the same thing in the West Midlands. No doubt someone will come up with a theory as to why this is happening. I also read an article a few weeks ago (written by a local councilor in Bradford or Bolton) saying that many young muslim men are getting married twice, once in an arranged marriage and then once again with someone they really want to be with. In other words, young man is married off by his family, realises a few years later that this is never going to work, doesn't really love the woman, etc., then goes off and marries his mates sister who lives round the corner and who he has known and been fond of for years.

The councilor (who was muslim) was complaining about this practice, which is apparantly widespread, as bigamy is against the law, but the community turn a blind eye to it. It also meant that in some cases, one man has two council houses with a family in each, claiming benefits (the words of the councilor in the article before anyone jumps down my throat).

Do all of the things above have a basis in the culture of arranged marriage and people wanting what other people have (the freedom to go and chat girls up, etc.) and is this why these men all prey on young girls? because they don't have the social skills to interact with women of their own age group, because they have never been part of a society that flirts and chats people up of the opposite sex?

OK, just clicked on a link earlier in the thread and seen the pictures of the convicted men, please disregard anything I said about chatting up, no amount of chatting up skill would get most of those blokes even a kiss on the cheek.

OK, just clicked on a link earlier in the thread and seen the pictures of the convicted men, please disregard anything I said about chatting up, no amount of chatting up skill would get most of those blokes even a kiss on the cheek.

No chat up skills needed if your victims are plied with drink and drugs :(

Id like to see a mandatory 15 yrs minimum sentence for peadophiles with no remission or early release.

This is becomming a worrying trend within the muslim community here,the sentenances handed out,barely reflect the gravity of these crimes against innocent children

Archived