Should the UK have a 5 children cap for benefits?

I think some of you on here have missed the point. It doesnt say cap children at 5 for everyone just those claiming benefits, so anyone who wants to support their children by working can have as many as they like.

Lets face it most of the families that have large amounts of kids only do it to get benefits and it is very unlikely their offspring will ever actually join the workforce of the future, so saying we need these large families to support OAP's in the future is just not true at all.

I can think of a couple of families that just produce the next generation of benefit claimants. It’s just a life style choice and normal for some people, working for a living is something they have never known.

There should be a cap or what incentive is there to get back into work to support your children when having more on benefits is more financially viable? It's not fair for those supporting children whilst trying to work as well which isn't easy. I know it's not as simple as this but a cap would encourage people to focus on supporting themselves rather than others doing it for them.

I think some of you on here have missed the point. It doesnt say cap children at 5 for everyone just those claiming benefits, so anyone who wants to support their children by working can have as many as they like.

Lets face it most of the families that have large amounts of kids only do it to get benefits and it is very unlikely their offspring will ever actually join the workforce of the future, so saying we need these large families to support OAP's in the future is just not true at all.

Most people are on benefits.

Many working people claiming the benefit called 'working tax credit and child tax credit', they claim more than the unemployed, and get more in benefit than they do from working.

Most people are on benefits.

Many working people claiming the benefit called 'working tax credit and child tax credit', they claim more than the unemployed, and get more in benefit than they do from working.

Are they really? I've not read anything to suggest the majority of working age people are on benefits. And I don't class those on contribution based state pensions as being on benefits, even though the DWP refers to all state pensions as benefits in their correspondence. :roll:

Are they really? I've not read anything to suggest the majority of working age people are on benefits. And I don't class those on contribution based state pensions as being on benefits, even though the DWP refers to all state pensions as benefits in their correspondence. :roll:

Tax credits can be claimed by people earning above the average wage, the median wage is even lower.

Only 2/3rds of working age people work in the first place.

The majority of the private sector is running on public subsidy. There is no free market. And income is for all intents and purposes determined by the state.

Have to agree with that,its their responsibilty to keep them not everyone elses.

How many working people claim tax credits? Do the 16/24 hours? And receive more in tax credits than they do in wages, and more in tax credits than what they would in dole if they were unemployed!

Why is there no poll to vote for the answer?

Anyway, yes it should, and for that matter it should have a 3 or possibly even 2 child cap being introduced over the next decade (to give people time to get used to the idea).

How many working people claim tax credits? Do the 16/24 hours? And receive more in tax credits than they do in wages, and more in tax credits than what they would in dole if they were unemployed!

Why don't you actually check and then prove that you're correct.... (You're not of course, but I don't have time to prove it right now, I have to go to work and not claim any benefits, just like all my friends and family).

3.5 million people claim tax credits which is down from 4.7 million in 2011

Tax credits creates jobs, first the government use an army of tax officials to administer the taxation of everyone, then they use another army of tax credits officials to give some or all of that tax back to the workers. Just think of the money that could be saved if they just upped the minimum wage and cut taxes to everyone including the employer. The only problem with making the system easier would be the impending strikes from all the tax office employees that rely on this overly bureaucratic system to stay in work. :)

Archived