Should the UK have a 5 children cap for benefits?

Create what you like, but pay for it yourself.

Excellent, so there would be nothing to stop you having additional children. I think you might have missed the point of the thread. Nobody is discussing a cap on how many children you can have, just on how many the state will give you money for.

I see the point of the post. We have 5 children between us. We have been married for over 12 years and in that time I have been unemployed for a total of 8 months, so hardly a benefit scrounger.

Without things like HB and tax credits etc my wife would not be able to afford to study and make our life better.

What is needed is the government to penalise those who refuse to work. They is no extra help for those who want to get an education and get a decent job and out of the MW trap.

I pay for all my training and licenses to enable me to work. I can claim some income tax back is this still a benefit? And under your ideas not be allowed for my family?

Where did I say you can't have children?

It was implied. Basically you said because my wife has two children I can't because if **** happens and I lose

my job we can't afford any extra.

The welfare system is there for times of hardship and shouldn't be deemed on how many children you have to if you qualify as this will create more child poverty.

It was implied. Basically you said because my wife has two children I can't because if **** happens and I lose

The welfare system is there for times of hardship and shouldn't be deemed on how many children you have to if you qualify as this will create more child poverty.

So a limitless pot then?

Surely not, it would just create adult poverty, because a parent would do without so that their child can have.

Surely not, it would just create adult poverty, because a parent would do without so that their child can have.

Yes and no

Really would create both as depends how much is too go around the family.

So a limitless pot then?

No not at all.

As I said it it is there for times of hardship.

In 12 years 8 months I've needed to claim JSA other times the benefits have been in work benefits.

I know plenty of people who haven't worked at all in those same 12 years and have no intention of working as they are plain lazy and sooner let other provide wholly for them.

We are trying to get out of the MW trap others can't be bothered to get on the MW ladder. More needs to be done to get these people of JSA/IS and working. At least they will have event some of it.

No not at all.

As I said it it is there for times of hardship.

In 12 years 8 months I've needed to claim JSA other times the benefits have been in work benefits.

I know plenty of people who haven't worked at all in those same 12 years and have no intention of working as they are plain lazy and sooner let other provide wholly for them.

We are trying to get out of the MW trap others can't be bothered to get on the MW ladder. More needs to be done to get these people of JSA/IS and working. At least they will have event some of it.

So if it's not limitless then where is the line?

Archived