Happy Eggs, or Any Eggs?

Does anyone specifically buy, happy eggs or go for the cheapest? Personally I don't see any taste difference, but when instructed to go shopping by my OH I have to get Happy Eggs.

What do you buy?

Nothing could tempt me to buy cheap eggs that are not labelled free range. I am not sure what the difference is between "happy eggs" and free range though. Its just a brand of free range isn't it? Im not even sure they are free range:confused:

Battery farming is barbaric!:rant:

Free range and organic definitely seem to have less additives but its not a taste difference I notice, its the shell strength and yolk colour that changes. I mean who cares that their yolk isn't yellow enough to the point where they require colouring to be added-what muppet came up with that idea:confused:

You also get more double yolkers in the free range organic eggs which are ridiculously exciting:hihi:

Nothing could tempt me to buy cheap eggs that are not labelled free range. I am not sure what the difference is between "happy eggs" and free range though. Its just a brand of free range isn't it? Im not even sure they are free range:confused:

Battery farming is barbaric!:rant:

Free range and organic definitely seem to have less additives but its not a taste difference I notice, its the shell strength and yolk colour that changes. I mean who cares that their yolk isn't yellow enough to the point where they require colouring to be added-what muppet came up with that idea:confused:

+1 to that.

'Happy eggs' is such a stupid marketing term! Its just a way of the egg industry not labelling the other eggs 'misery eggs' or 'animal abuse eggs'.

Chickens who aren't in battery conditions aren't 'happy', they're just chickens.

I am of the opinion that all animal products should include a picture on the packet of the average living conditions of the animal. Battery farms would be gone immediately!
You might be disappointed. People don't care about animals nearly as much as they care about their bank balance. Besides which most people shop at supermarkets where they barely recognise what they eat as an animal product. We've all got that friend who refuses to eat meat on the bone because they don't like to think its like eating an animal

I am of the opinion that all animal products should include a picture on the packet of the average living conditions of the animal. Battery farms would be gone immediately!

I may be wrong, but haven't battery farms gone now anyway. Made illegal at the beginning of the year.

I myself have my own chickens, and get my eggs fresh every morning;

Archived