Happy Eggs, or Any Eggs?

You might be disappointed. People don't care about animals nearly as much as they care about their bank balance. Besides which most people shop at supermarkets where they barely recognise what they eat as an animal product. We've all got that friend who refuses to eat meat on the bone because they don't like to think its like eating an animal

I don't think so, I know many meat eaters that have trouble looking at a field of lambs. Looking at a hen crammed tightly into a cage living in its own excrement in the dark will make that egg a lot less appetising!

A pic will also sort the issue in bold wouldn't it.

I may be wrong, but haven't battery farms gone now anyway. Made illegal at the beginning of the year.

I myself have my own chickens, and get my eggs fresh every morning;

They have been banned in the EU but I believe there is lots of flouting the ban and no guarantee the eggs on the supermarket shelves are from the EU anyway.

I think battery farms have been officially banned and farmers are being forced to upgrade their cages but caged hens are still in the dark with little room to forage so its a small step up!

I only buy free range.I think you can tell the difference aswell with ones that have had a farm type/free life

My grandads starting buying his eggs, from Sheeba on here, and gave me some- they are far nicer than any I've had from Asda recently

I don't think so, I know many meat eaters that have trouble looking at a field of lambs. Looking at a hen crammed tightly into a cage living in its own excrement in the dark will make that egg a lot less appetising!

A pic will also sort the issue in bold wouldn't it.

Who sits with the egg box on the table when they tuck into a full english?

I agree with you and I buy free range for the same reasons you do but money talks and people will always vote with their wallets

I agree with you and I buy free range for the same reasons you do but money talks and people will always vote with their wallets

The picture is only required to inform the person buying the product or doing the cooking. I would feel better if I could see exactly what I was paying for, it's not necessarily negative advertising. For ethical companies it would be a positive thing, there are no downsides to it!

This is clearly not true otherwise there would be no free range eggs, no fair trade, no vegetarian alternatives and no organic foods! All of these things are generally more expensive (edit except veggie stuff) and they are all increasing in popularity!

This is clearly not true otherwise there would be no free range eggs, no fair trade, no vegetarian alternatives and no organic foods! All of these things are generally more expensive (edit except veggie stuff) and they are all increasing in popularity!
On the other hand why are there still budget ranges, markets, poundland, 99p stores, flea markets, Primark, freecycle, Gumtree, black market?

People will always want a cheap inferior alternative

Archived