North Carolina Ban Same Sex Unions

I wonder what would happen in the UK if the Govt passed the same sex marriage act or has it yet?

Two gay Muslims or Hindus getting married in a civil registry office in Bradford. Would they make it to the nearest bus stop?

Britain isnt the shining example of tolerance that you hold up in comparison to this country

It may make it onto the statutes this year but it is not a priority.

Your two gay muslims/hindu question is a good one, and the first ones to do it would be brave, but I think they would have the support of the majority.

You have the advantage of living in both countries yet you give the impression of reading the Daily Mail too often when it comes to whats happening here.

I wonder what would happen in the UK if the Govt passed the same sex marriage act or has it yet?

Two gay Muslims or Hindus getting married in a civil registry office in Bradford. Would they make it to the nearest bus stop?

Britain isnt the shining example of tolerance that you hold up in comparison to this country

So you support mob rule? Things would be a lot worse over here if we had the gun laws you lot have. The fact that Yanks like to go round shooting each other in large numbers shows that the USA isnt the shining example of tolerance that you hold up in comparison to this country.

So you support mob rule? Things would be a lot worse over here if we had the gun laws you lot have. The fact that Yanks like to go round shooting each other in large numbers shows that the USA isnt the shining example of tolerance that you hold up in comparison to this country.

Ok, but on the positive side they are very good shots.

There's no difference between people in Lancashire or Derbyshire other than they think their local footy team is the cat's mieooow ! !

There is however a big difference between a New Yorker and an Arizonian and that's the whole point.

America is far too big to pretend to be united, it should be called VSA, various States of America.

Thats the way it should be, in fact it is in some cases when it comes to the law.

why stop at counties, why not towns and villages, or streets, or households or individuals ?

If one country allows different laws to be enacted by it's component elements then who gets to decide how big those elements are ?

Why not have individual laws that apply only to that person and are decided by that person.

Basically what you are describing is a kind of group anarchy as opposed to democracy, and instead of being used for the betterment of people it is used to demean, belittle and exert control over others, it's the politics of the playground "my gang is bigger than your gang so you'll do what I say".

It's bullying plain and simple.

Politicians will do anything to get elected. If the majority of people agree with the ban then who can blame them. they're looking after number one.

Personally, I think there's more important things to worry about and the marriage doesnt affect anyone else and does no harm...only good really.

why stop at counties, why not towns and villages, or streets, or households or individuals ?

If one country allows different laws to be enacted by it's component elements then who gets to decide how big those elements are ?

Why not have individual laws that apply only to that person and are decided by that person.

Basically what you are describing is a kind of group anarchy as opposed to democracy, and instead of being used for the betterment of people it is used to demean, belittle and exert control over others, it's the politics of the playground "my gang is bigger than your gang so you'll do what I say".

It's bullying plain and simple.

Not talking counties talking about States, laws are different of most States, never did any harm so far, been like that for many many years , it's nothing new at all, most Sates are the size of some countries anyhow, the governer of NJs letting his people , who by the way have to live there, vote for themselves on gay marriages .

Not talking counties talking about States, laws are different of most States, never did any harm so far, been like that for many many years , it's nothing new at all, most States are the size of some countries anyhow, the governer of NJs letting his people, who by the way have to live there, vote for themselves on gay marriages .
So do you think a majority of Yanks are homophobic? Or is it just the 30 who've already voted?

Can just hear them now "oooh, damnit honey, a couple of gays have moved in, when we have to live here. There goes the whole state. They'll be wanting to get their loving partnership legally recognised next, never gonna happen while I have breath in my body, and a gun"

Weird country!

Archived