North Carolina Ban Same Sex Unions

That isn't the point, and no one is condoning the fact that we also don't recognize same sex marriage. The issue here is NC not the UK. If you want to start a thread on recognized same sex marriage in the uk..or the lack of it then I'll be up there with you. For an adult you seem very petty..maybe you should take a leaf out of the younger generation in the US. If like NC we get the chance of a vote and we follow their train of thought then we are no better or worse. Mob rule is equally scary when it's a majority...if not more so.As an aside you have completely ignored Jimmy's pertinent questions regarding the issue, and flow into some second rate education claptrap which has no relevance to the topic.

So you equate "mob rule" to when a vote is taken and the results of that vote dont happen to agree with your personal opinions? Petulant and childish

Find a corner and go suck your thumb :hihi:

It may make it onto the statutes this year but it is not a priority.

Your two gay muslims/hindu question is a good one, and the first ones to do it would be brave, but I think they would have the support of the majority.

You have the advantage of living in both countries yet you give the impression of reading the Daily Mail too often when it comes to whats happening here.

A majority of who? Not their fellow Muslims. They would have to leave their community or face possible death. Drawing a cartoon of Mohammed can get you on the hit list.

I never knew there could be so many gay people on one thread :hihi:
Do you really think that only gay people care enough to post about the right for two men or two women to be able to contract a legal union? Call it a civil partnership or a marriage, call it what you like, most people aren't against it in UK.

I think the people who voted in America against it were just being perverse and reactionary and I'm really surprised that two ex-Sheffielders are displaying this attitude. :(

The whole argument here is whether you believe in the power of the vote in deciding issues

You don't believe in the right to vote in deciding all issues. If the issue was whether you could marry a wife or not marry a wife then you'd fight against it - it is illiberal.

In North Carolina a gay person has no legal right to enter a recognised partnership - he is denied something that affects nobody but himself and his partner. It's so illiberal that it'll go to the highest court in your land. No strawman argument about Britain being rubbish will change that fact.

Archived