North Carolina Ban Same Sex Unions

Some things have no reason to be democratic. Your opinion has no control on who your neighbour can have sex with or settle down with. End of. Very simple ideal.

And I have no interest in what my neighbours do either. If the way we do things in this country by voting on very divisive social issues does not please you. Tough luck

We dont need your know how. Sort out your problems with the EU and the continuing Greek and Euro fiasco first.

And I have no interest in what my neighbours do either. If the way we do things in this country by voting on very divisive social issues does not please you.
It wouldn't have pleased the US founding fathers either.

They set up the US the way that they did precisely to prevent exactly this kind of thing, the tyranny of the majority.

If democracy was supposed to work the way that you seem to think it should then there is no need to have a constitution, or a bill of rights (which, as I've said before on this site, I consider to be one of mankind's greatest achievements).

We dont need your know how.
Yes you do, you're doing it wrong.

Well sure, that's if you don't count the many wars with the various native tribes of North America, and the continued meddling in Mexico and lets not forget the Phillipines, involvement in wars with Japan in the latter 18th century, some serious meddling in China (along with Britain and just about everyone else), interference in the Cuban civil war, the the list goes on and on and on.

The US was all about meddling in other countries from long before world war 2, that's just what gave her the opportunity to become the world leader at it.

Well the native American tribes had to go because they were in the way of all those millions of immigrants from Britain and Europe escaping poverty, religious persecution and royal tyrants.

The "New Americans" who replaced them just inherited all the acquisitive traits of their European forebears if it comes down to it, Where do you think all those settlers in covered wagons, killing buffalo and grabbing land came from? Mars !!!

It wouldn't have pleased the US founding fathers either.

They set up the US the way that they did precisely to prevent exactly this kind of thing, the tyranny of the majority.

If democracy was supposed to work the way that you seem to think it should then there is no need to have a constitution, or a bill of rights (which, as I've said before on this site, I consider to be one of mankind's greatest achievements).

Yes you do, you're doing it wrong.

Then send over a few regiments of redcoats again to sort us out. You'll get your arse kicked again as well :hihi:

Then send over a few regiments of redcoats again to sort us out.

Butlins is just coming into the start of their season. They'll all be fully booked.

As an aside, I admire posts that not only offer fights - but 18th century battle recreations. ;)

Well the native American tribes had to go because they were in the way of all those millions of immigrants from Britain and Europe escaping poverty, religious persecution and royal tyrants.

The "New Americans" who replaced them just inherited all the acquisitive traits of their European forebears if it comes down to it, Where do you think all those settlers in covered wagons, killing buffalo and grabbing land came from? Mars !!!

A very poor retort for what is now happening in 2012.

I thought you were a defender of our Queenie?

Wow, all you're doing today is deflecting, why not show some integrity and actually engage with one of my points for once?

Are you going to blame the entire 200 year history of US wars with neighbors and far off peoples alike on Europe?

In which case surely any achievements of America in that time frame also belong to Europe? You can't have your cake and eat it.

Note: I don't actually care about your answer to this, I'm not interested in Europe vs USA.

Archived