North Carolina Ban Same Sex Unions

It really doesn't matter, Harleyman now lives there so it's right, it has to be. I think you get my drift.

Yeah well Britain isn't exactly a model of the Ideal State As She Should Be is it?

I dont think it's any better than when i left 40 odd years ago except now there's McDonalds and dad and his family dont ride around on his Aerial Four Square with sidecar anymore. These days he has his own Peugot 205

The influx of immigrants and the trend towards a multi-cultural society seems to be a major problem to many it appears.

National unity threatened with Scotland and eventually Wales seeking self determination and petty regionalism taking it's place

North of Birmingham a post industrial wasteland of lost hopes and high unemployment

A national apathy towards Europe and the EU with the result that Germany and France are now calling the shots instead of including Britain.

An economy now in recession and 60s style riots still happening occasionally

I"m not gloating. I'm damned sad over what's happened. I still love the Old Country but sorry.... you cant preach to the choir if you cant sing a note by yourself.

Yeah well Britain isn't exactly a model of the Ideal State As She Should Be is it?

Did I say it was?

I dont think it's any better than when i left 40 odd years ago except now there's McDonalds and dad and his family dont ride around on his Aerial Four Square with sidecar anymore. These days he has his own Peugot 205

Eh?

The influx of immigrants and the trend towards a multi-cultural society seems to be a major problem to many it appears.

So?

National unity threatened with Scotland and eventually Wales seeking self determination and petty regionalism taking it's place

I don't think the US can take any moral high ground on that point..North/South?

North of Birmingham a post industrial wasteland of lost hopes and high unemployment

You mean like every state in the US has?

A national apathy towards Europe and the EU with the result that Germany and France are now calling the shots instead of including Britain.

Petty gloating again..

The US was never protected by these sentiments just because it's the old US of A.

I"m not gloating.

Yes you are

I'm damned sad over what's happened.

No you're not, you're gloating.

I still love the Old Country

Now you're sounding like a hic.

PS 48 year old straight woman 2 stepsons 5 grandchildren, no-one is forcing you to be....

as I said above, I want to see my gay friends enjoy the same rights in their commitment to their loved-one as I have with my other half.

Read what I wrote luv. I think we agree.

Maybe you all ought to concentrate more on sorting out your huge economic mess and less time worrying about "l'affairs d'amour" :hihi: :hihi:

Maybe it's the god botherers of North Carolina who should be doing that Harley ;)

Funny, that's what the native Americans were saying about 200 years ago :hihi:

I"m not gloating. I'm damned sad over what's happened. I still love the Old Country but sorry.... you cant preach to the choir if you cant sing a note by yourself.

Dont feel too sorry for us old chap, we have 60 trillion under management in the city. A triple AAA rating. Employment coming down, economy expanding albeit slowly. Due to our low interest rates (lowest in he western world) those who work have plenty of spare cash.

Riots lasted about 4 days, all in custody or awaiting arrest.

North of Bimingham becoming a green and pleasant land and lots of small businesses sprouting and expanding.

The national apathy you mention is actually a sensible reserve. The Germans and French have created their empire which is creaking badly. By staying semi detatched we have done absolutely the right thing.

So thanks for the concern but you really might want to try patronising somene else (Mexico?) we dont need it.

Every State should make its own decisions on things such as this, I'm against Same sex marriages just like Obama was at one time, but election years change all that :roll:
May I ask why ?

After all you aren't gay so it makes no difference to you personally, you won't be affected in the slightest if same sex marriages are allowed or not.

Archived