Austerity measures and the goverment

just heard on the news that another 8 thousand people are to lose their jobs at clinton cards, this is due to Camerons austerity measures as no one can afford to pay their prices ,he is also cutting the numbers on the police force

you cannot keep cutting and cutting like this as you cause a domino effect cut jobs,ergo less jobs as no money, increases the welfare bill due to people signing on

this seems to go above the coalitions heads

it seems to be the I am alright Jack thanks to the few million i have in the bank, hard lines you poor people scenario

just heard on the news that another 8 thousand people are to lose their jobs at clinton cards, this is due to Camerons austerity measures as no one can afford to pay their prices

Rubbish. Its down to their high prices when you can get cards in Asda from 49p and quality ones still for less than half the price of Clintons.

Card shops had people over a barrel for years. Now the playing field has been leveled they can't compete.

just heard on the news that another 8 thousand people are to lose their jobs at clinton cards, this is due to Camerons austerity measures as no one can afford to pay their prices ,he is also cutting the numbers on the police force

you cannot keep cutting and cutting like this as you cause a domino effect cut jobs,ergo less jobs as no money, increases the welfare bill due to people signing on

it seems to be the I am alright Jack thanks to the few million i have in the bank, hard lines you poor people scenario

Just a guess, but you don't really understand the way retail businesses work, do you?

Rubbish. Its down to their high prices when you can get cards in Asda from 49p and quality ones still for less than half the price of Clintons.

Card shops had people over a barrel for years. Now the playing field has been leveled they can't compete.

I agree we haven't bought a card from them for years because they are much cheaper elsewhere. You can buy a book for less than they charge for a card.

Paying someone unemployment benefits is cheaper than paying them to sit in a warm office shuffling paper; it also saves valuable resources because they no longer need to use a car to get to their warm office each day. There is also the advantage that now a potential employee is waiting for a job so there will be no need to import labour from abroad. It’s a win win situation.

Did you buy loads of cards from Clintons?

Most people nowadays buy cards at supermarkets or online. If you think that Clintons failure is somehow down to some cuts to public sector cuts you are probably daft enough to pay £4 for a piece of folded cardboard.

no, what I was actually trying to get at is all the cutting of jobs that the government is doing

It is not just Clintons what about the police jobs they are cutting , I know clintons prices were far too high but it is still another 8 thousand people out of work at a time when jobs are scarce

no, what I was actually trying to get at is all the cutting of jobs that the government is doing

It is not just Clintons what about the police jobs they are cutting , I know clintons prices were far too high but it is still another 8 thousand people out of work at a time when jobs are scarce

What police jobs?

Archived