Austerity measures and the goverment

What police jobs?

You might also ask "what Clinton Cards jobs?" The company has been forced into administration by a greetings-card company; I have a strong suspicion that they will end up still trading but being wholly owned by that company.

There may, or may not, be some job losses arising. It's a safe bet that we will not have the entire 8,000-strong workforce thrown out of employment.

You might also ask "what Clinton Cards jobs?" The company has been forced into administration by a greetings-card company; I have a strong suspicion that they will end up still trading but being wholly owned by that company.

There may, or may not, be some job losses arising. It's a safe bet that we will not have the entire 8,000-strong workforce thrown out of employment.

Clinton's biggest creditor, American Greetings, has bought Clinton's debt from the bank..apparently its a typical American way of doing a takeover..can't see them wanting to close all the shops otherwise what have they bought?

no, what I was actually trying to get at is all the cutting of jobs that the government is doing

This may come as a shock to you, but not everyone is employed by the government. Clinton Cards employees for example, are employed by a company called Clinton Cards.

no, what I was actually trying to get at is all the cutting of jobs that the government is doing

It is not just Clintons what about the police jobs they are cutting , I know clintons prices were far too high but it is still another 8 thousand people out of work at a time when jobs are scarce

So you are saying that Clinton's closing is NOT actually to do with Cameron's austerity measures then??

Why this thread then?

just heard on the news that another 8 thousand people are to lose their jobs at clinton cards, this is due to Camerons austerity measures as no one can afford to pay their prices ,he is also cutting the numbers on the police force

you cannot keep cutting and cutting like this as you cause a domino effect cut jobs,ergo less jobs as no money, increases the welfare bill due to people signing on

this seems to go above the coalitions heads

it seems to be the I am alright Jack thanks to the few million i have in the bank, hard lines you poor people scenario

Engage what brain cells you might possess, before you post silly juvenile rubbish like this!

Archived