A question to all the people who park in the wrong place.

One of the things I have noticed about pedestrian crossings in Firth Park and Firvale is drivers only stopping for pedestrians when they are on their side of the road, its madness.

I've seen this on zebra crossing - people driving though once the pedestrian has got past the car.

What on earth is happening on the roads? Why don't people care any more?

There was a 10 minute segment on BBC breakfast this morning about MOT failures and the whole bit boiled down to people not bothering to check the basics - lights, tyres and so on. One car in the garage where they were filming had failed because one wiper was broken.

This kind of stuff was drilled into me by other drivers, parents, grand parents and the "AA Book of the road" when I started driving. Why is this no longer the case? Has the art of Sunday car tinkering died?

Be it yellow lines, over the spacings in car parks, in front of someone's driveway or even correctly but over the given time limit.

Why do it?

Are you really all that stupid?

NB

Ok I know that's two questions and I know the thread title is miss leading and for that I apologise now

Sorry

don't forget parking on corners thus blocking the view of cars turning out of roads - very prevalent in S10....I am sure this not allowed in the highway code, if only someone could hand out some fines to encourage sensible behaviour though.....

I park on my road on double yellows until the people who get the tram and go to work come back and move their cars,theres a nursery at the bottom and they all park to drop/pickup the kids,i come home at 5pm and theres hardly a car space so i park on the double yellows till someone decides to return from work/shopping in Hillsborough or to and from the nursery.

My only other option is to not come home till after 5.30/6 then i might be able to park.

Skirmisher et al seemed to have failed to notice that the above post contained the answer.

It's simple ... the perpetrators are able to justify it to themselves. Same as any other crime or wrongdoing, really.

If you're at the side of a zebra crossing, cars are not required to stop; only if you're on it.

If you are stood on the zebra crossing, waiting to cross, many drivers will still ignore you.

Only a fool continues crossing with the assumption that cars will stop.

So. You get at least one foot onto the crossing giving yourself the right of way, make eye contact and indicate that they should be stopping and that you will be crossing.

I hate it when you have to drive past a mosque at prayer time, a school at chuckin in/out time, a supermarket carpark at lots of times such is the ignorance and sheer stupidity of lots of the parking.

Tow em and sracp em!

How do you find the parking at Bronx, Big Boy? I've heard they pack them in ;)

Archived