A question to all the people who park in the wrong place.

I've seen this on zebra crossing - people driving though once the pedestrian has got past the car.

What on earth is happening on the roads? Why don't people care any more?

I've noticed a lack of people indicating when coming off roundabouts...it's so effing annoying (as a pedestrian and a driver). I was waiting to cross a road next to a roundabout the other week when a non-indicating van I assumed was carrying on came whizzing off the roundabout, saw the look of annoyance on my face and had the cheek to flip me the bird!!!

Be it yellow lines, over the spacings in car parks, in front of someone's driveway or even correctly but over the given time limit.

Why do it?

Are you really all that stupid?

NB

Ok I know that's two questions and I know the thread title is miss leading and for that I apologise now

Sorry

I can give you a few examples of why they might do it.

Car park is full, there's 1 space left, but the person who's already parked is over the line. You could simply drive away, but if you can fit in the space, albeit it by encroaching on the other side then it would seem to be the sensible thing to do, particularly if you are going to buy your ticket and abide by all the other rules.

Re: overstaying, perhaps you do your shop, it's a big one and it's taking you close to the limit, then there's a problem at the till, do you abandon all the shopping you've just spent 1:50 minutes collecting, or do you overstay by 5 minutes due to the problem caused by the vendor...

Yellow lines and blocking driveways there's no excuse for unless it's some kind of medical emergency maybe.

Car park is full, there's 1 space left, but the person who's already parked is over the line. You could simply drive away, but if you can fit in the space, albeit it by encroaching on the other side then it would seem to be the sensible thing to do, particularly if you are going to buy your ticket and abide by all the other rules.

Re: overstaying, perhaps you do your shop, it's a big one and it's taking you close to the limit, then there's a problem at the till, do you abandon all the shopping you've just spent 1:50 minutes collecting, or do you overstay by 5 minutes due to the problem caused by the vendor...

Yellow lines and blocking driveways there's no excuse for unless it's some kind of medical emergency maybe.

Your first reasons are no excuse in my book, if your encroaching into another space then that's two spaces your taking up.

The next person might actually have some consideration and because of this will not be able to park.

Re overstaying, as far as I know I think the shops allow plenty of time to do shopping, most of them give four hours, I can't believe that anyone could (even if they tried) spend four hours in Asda.

If you are going to be any longer than that then either find somewhere else to park or I would have thought a word at the customer service desk would be a much better idea than just saying nothing, then whine about it later.

Your first reasons are no excuse in my book, if your encroaching into another space then that's two spaces your taking up.

The next person might actually have some consideration and because of this will not be able to park.

Re overstaying, as far as I know I think the shops allow plenty of time to do shopping, most of them give four hours, I can't believe that anyone could (even if they tried) spend four hours in Asda.

If you are going to be any longer than that then either find somewhere else to park or I would have thought a word at the customer service desk would be a much better idea than just saying nothing, then whine about it later.

Medical emergency....

This is probably one of the only valid excuses for bad parking.

It's the driver before you that is encroaching isn't it. If that's the last 0.95 of a space in the car park and you manage to fit in it, then you're actually using less than 1 full space.

What next person, the car park is now full.

Maybe if it was an Asda with a cafe and they can only walk slowly... Who knows.

The customer service desk can and will do nothing since these companies don't even police their own car park, they subcontract it out to a company that uses an automated system with ANPR cameras.

Has anyone ever encountered a completely full supermarket car park though?

Is it only supermarket car parks we're allowed to talk about?

I've certainly encountered full car parks, not a supermarket one to my knowledge though.

The point is valid though, 1 driver parks badly, does that mean the space next to him should be abandoned because it can't be used without touching the white line on the other side?

Be it yellow lines, over the spacings in car parks, in front of someone's driveway or even correctly but over the given time limit.

There is a woman on our road who has an extremely ignorant and arrogant family. There is space outside her house for 2 cars but she always parks in the middle of this space, meaning that when her gobby daughter comes to visit (with army of kids in tow) they park with half of their car overhanging the neighbour's driveway. It happens almost daily and you'd think they'd have thought about parking differently by now.

That said, you'd have also thought the neighbour would have done something about it by now instead of having to ask them to move every time he wants to go out in his car.

The point is valid though, 1 driver parks badly, does that mean the space next to him should be abandoned because it can't be used without touching the white line on the other side?

Maybe it should be left for a smaller car? When I encounter one I leave it be because I know that the ignorant moron who can't park properly will probably not care about banging their door on my car, or bumping or scraping another car when getting out.

But if I'm in the missus's Micra it will fit in with space to spare on both sides.

If you're at the side of a zebra crossing, cars are not required to stop; only if you're on it.

If someone's stood waiting especially the elderly or someone with children, is it too much to ask for someone to have the good manners to let them cross :huh:

After all weren't the "crossings" put down for people to cross?

But I suppose it's too much to ask most drivers to have good manners and consideration for other folks today....sad but true..:(

Archived