Its come back to bite them on the bum

Int it ironic.

The public sectre workers inc the police are either going on strike or protesting about job losses.

These are the same public servants who a few years ago were asking for the troops to be brought in to do the jobs of power workers, steelworkers, railworkers, and lorry drivers. these workers were themselves protesting about job losses.

The police also were at war with there own working class neighbours namely the miners most dramaticly at Orgreave where on horse back and with battons drawn they beat there fellow workers to the ground.

It seems as though things have now gone full circle and the jobs for life brigade are reaping the seads they scattered 20 or 30 years ago.

I know of some locals present during the miners strike who still hold the Police force in contempt, but from what I understand, it was thugs from the London Met who were doing the head-kicking, charging the picket-lines on horseback and antagonising the miners, not the local bobbies.

Happy to be corrected...

I know of some locals present during the miners strike who still hold the Police force in contempt, but from what I understand, it was thugs from the London Met who were doing the head-kicking, charging the picket-lines on horseback and antagonising the miners, not the local bobbies.

Happy to be corrected...

The mounted police where local.

Archived