How would you describe your perfect life?

I’ve always dreamt of escaping the rat race and settling down in a picturesque, eco friendly, self sufficient little community with like minded, decent, hardworking people. We'd buy a plot of land where we’d build our own homes, generate our own power, grow our own food, share skills, and make our own entertainment. We wouldn’t be contributing to the commercial wealth of supermarkets, banks or other organisations because we wouldn’t need money and without money we wouldn’t need bank accounts and we could become anonymous, no longer members of a big brother society. A day’s graft would be satisfying because we’d be doing it for our own cause and not for someone else’s back pocket, and I envisage that by removing the stresses and superficialities of modern society, life would be more enriching.

Who’s in?

But first you need land.

And there is a land monopoly. So you become stuck.

Get name down on allotment list, on the housing list etc.

Move to self employment and experiment with personal IOUs as a form of currency.

You're not allowed to do that. You have to pay tax you naughty bugger.

Aren't taxes just for the little people, and I don't mean dwarves.

This thread need reporting and taking out of the Sheffield section and straight to I'm bored, as they may be a chance it gets either funny or interesting.

I’ve always dreamt of escaping the rat race and settling down in a picturesque, eco friendly, self sufficient little community with like minded, decent, hardworking people. We'd buy a plot of land where we’d build our own homes, generate our own power, grow our own food, share skills, and make our own entertainment. We wouldn’t be contributing to the commercial wealth of supermarkets, banks or other organisations because we wouldn’t need money and without money we wouldn’t need bank accounts and we could become anonymous, no longer members of a big brother society. A day’s graft would be satisfying because we’d be doing it for our own cause and not for someone else’s back pocket, and I envisage that by removing the stresses and superficialities of modern society, life would be more enriching.

Who’s in?

Your dream could come true!

The council are selling allotment plots at Hagg hill ( back of Crosspool) for something like £1700 To £2800, for a 250 square metre plot.

Your dream could come true!

The council are selling allotment plots at Hagg hill ( back of Crosspool) for something like £1700 To £2800, for a 250 square metre plot.

And you can rent them for about £50 a year, OHs cousins got one near Meersbrook!

Aren't taxes just for the little people, and I don't mean dwarves.

This thread need reporting and taking out of the Sheffield section and straight to I'm bored, as they may be a chance it gets either funny or interesting.

If you're only contribution to a discussion is to be rude, it's a bit pointless. I wasn't intending to be funny...perhaps you'd be better off watching telly if you're looking for a bit of entertainment. Britain's Got Talent or some other gash might be just up your street. Jog on!!

Who’s in?

I've considered selling up in the UK and and moving to somewhere like that.

Bulgaria property

4 Bedroom Slovenia

But my other half isn't interested in moving.

Archived