How would you describe your perfect life?

I’ve always dreamt of escaping the rat race and settling down in a picturesque, eco friendly, self sufficient little community with like minded, decent, hardworking people. We'd buy a plot of land where we’d build our own homes, generate our own power, grow our own food, share skills, and make our own entertainment. We wouldn’t be contributing to the commercial wealth of supermarkets, banks or other organisations because we wouldn’t need money and without money we wouldn’t need bank accounts and we could become anonymous, no longer members of a big brother society. A day’s graft would be satisfying because we’d be doing it for our own cause and not for someone else’s back pocket, and I envisage that by removing the stresses and superficialities of modern society, life would be more enriching.

Who’s in?

if you ever find your dream please by all means give me a shout, im with you.

I’ve always dreamt of escaping the rat race and settling down in a picturesque, eco friendly, self sufficient little community with like minded, decent, hardworking people. We'd buy a plot of land where we’d build our own homes, generate our own power, grow our own food, share skills, and make our own entertainment. We wouldn’t be contributing to the commercial wealth of supermarkets, banks or other organisations because we wouldn’t need money and without money we wouldn’t need bank accounts and we could become anonymous, no longer members of a big brother society. A day’s graft would be satisfying because we’d be doing it for our own cause and not for someone else’s back pocket, and I envisage that by removing the stresses and superficialities of modern society, life would be more enriching.

Who’s in?

What happens when you have a massive heart attack, or someone falls and breaks their leg? Where's the healthcare coming from?

How are you going to fund the roads/transport to get your building materials to your village?

What about fresh water supplies?

Education?

Welfare for the sick or elderly who are unable to work?

I agree totally that it'd be lovely to live a simpler life, but it's not without many, and some not insubstantial drawbacks.

I'd like a rural place to live, in a community with a good work ethic, but to cut oneself off from other elemants of the modern world is unrealistic I think.

Who’s in?

Why not try one of the sparsley populated Scottish Islands?

It's a MASSIVE ask but my perfect life would consist of the following elements:

* A warm, sunny climate

* Never being made redundant as I love my job (most days anyway!)

* A tidy lotto win - enough to pay off the mortgage and complete a few more home improvements, ie, enough to be comfortable.

* The eradication of cancer and any other such devastating diseases.

* Sheffield United would be the best team in the world!

It's a MASSIVE ask but my perfect life would consist of the following elements:

* A warm, sunny climate

* Never being made redundant as I love my job (most days anyway!)

* A tidy lotto win - enough to pay off the mortgage and complete a few more home improvements, ie, enough to be comfortable.

* The eradication of cancer and any other such devastating diseases.

* Sheffield United would be the best team in the world!

Now that is a big ask :hihi:

My perfect life would be opening and running a brewery in the Scottish Highlands. I have my eye on a house in Arisaig to be precise. Its our dream to live somewhere on the Fort William-Mallaig road one day. Preferably at the Mallaig end. I look at houses online all the time. It's quite an obsession :blush: You can dream can't you?

Who’s in?

You describe the Shire in Lord Of The Rings with that description!

I'm in!

Archived