Schools are deliberately failing to correct spelling mistakes.

[but at least my computer does a wiggly line if it doesn't like the spelling that I've typed!]

You're the King of picking up on people's spelling. You've rarely got anything else to add. There is a certain irony in taking a high-minded stance when you've got a computer checking what you write for you.

Which of us is without error?

[but at least my computer does a wiggly line if it doesn't like the spelling that I've typed!]

You obviously agree with me then, the wiggly line is a digital teacher (in this sense) so I don't know what your point is.

The wiggly line makes people lazy, I can correct my work by reading it through, another bonus is I whoop ass at boggle!

I am not going to read through my posts on a forum though in general because its not that important here. When you have a point please enlighten us all!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-18084204

We should clearly teach phonetically, ignore bad spelling and start children at school later :roll:

This guy is pretty arrogant and didn't even start school late he just repeated a year:huh: What actually happened was he had an extra year of school.

"More anecdotally, I am myself a living example of the virtues of 'later is better'. "Coming from a working-class background, I was allowed to repeat my first year at primary school when I first started school in 1958, as I was very young in the class - and I went on to obtain a first-class degree at Oxford University and a PhD.

You're the King of picking up on people's spelling. You've rarely got anything else to add. There is a certain irony in taking a high-minded stance when you've got a computer checking what you write for you.

Er, no. It does not detect errors of syntax or grammar- nor can one put those down to typographical error.

The state school education system in this country is an utter disgrace. Teachers are paid through the nose and they fail to give kids a proper start in life.

Eh? Ok why do some kids in the same class get good grades and others don't?

Archived