Schools are deliberately failing to correct spelling mistakes.

if you are very hard on spelling it will make kids very cautious and they will end up using a restricted vocabulary,wary of using a bolder word for fear of a spelling error.

I think this last sentence will make my point and you may get what I mean.Reading cr*p like this will be a bore and put off the person who is reading this sentence.Do you agree with what I am writing?It is the same with kids at school who have robotic teachers.

Teachers dont have to be "hard" on spelling, as in, tell kids off or humiliate them for their mistakes, but any spelling mistakes a child makes should be brought to the childs attention.

Sorry to get political but if this is going on it is highly likely that it is in the local authorities that are run by the more left-leaning element of the Labour party which does have a history of being overly concerned with perceived self-esteem issues in children rather than trying to encourage them to be the best they can be academically and in sport etc.

another load of ultra PC rubbish. I was taught to spell and punctuate correctly. Writing is a form of communication, and spelling should be corrected. These days you see evidence of poor spelling everywhere, with official signs being spelled and punctuated incorrectly. The mis-use of the apostrophe is almost universal.

Please start all sentences with a capital letter.

another load of ultra PC rubbish. I was taught to spell and punctuate correctly. Writing is a form of communication, and spelling should be corrected. These days you see evidence of poor spelling everywhere, with official signs being spelled and punctuated incorrectly. The mis-use of the apostrophe is almost universal.

Neither should you put a comma before and.

Neither should you put a comma before and.
That depends on the circumstances. A comma is used to separate two independent clauses in a sentence. (ie. My friend stayed home, and his wife went on holiday) or a comma is optional in a series. (ie. I like beer, lager(,) and cider.

Teachers dont have to be "hard" on spelling, as in, tell kids off or humiliate them for their mistakes, but any spelling mistakes a child makes should be brought to the childs attention.

Sorry to get political but if this is going on it is highly likely that it is in the local authorities that are run by the more left-leaning element of the Labour party which does have a history of being overly concerned with perceived self-esteem issues in children rather than trying to encourage them to be the best they can be academically and in sport etc.

If you're going to get political at least look at the facts. South West Bedfordshire is represented by a Tory MP and the council which covers the majority of his constituency has 49 Tory councillors and 1 Labour. Not what you'd call left leaning unless Roger has undue influence on matters educational. :hihi:

If you're going to get political at least look at the facts. South West Bedfordshire is represented by a Tory MP and the council which covers the majority of his constituency has 49 Tory councillors and 1 Labour. Not what you'd call left leaning unless Roger has undue influence on matters educational. :hihi:

I still stand by what I said.

Archived