Name of Thai restaurant on London Road

What used to be the Inter Siam and is now the Orchid is just up from the Cremorne. I used to really like it before it changed name. Last time I was in - I had a piece of chicken in my tofu green curry - I havent been back since.

It's called Thai Punna. Opposite side of the road a few doors down.

Not been for ages and I believe it has changed hands. It was nice when I went, nothing spectacular.

Expensive like all Thai restaurants.

Thai Orchid is on the left side as you're coming from town, past the Post Office. Thai Punna on the opposite side, closer to town.

Orchid is very average and overpriced. Went to Punna for lunch recently (a few weeks ago) and it was excellent value. A fiver for lunch including a soft drink - good quality too.

Thai Orchid gets a thumbs up from me, they do some regular great offers on Groupon too.

Funnily enough, that's one of the reasons I'm not going back there. Went on a groupon voucher and what we received was quite clearly not the same (in terms of portion size) as the a la carte (or whatever the Thai equivalent of that phrase is!).

I've given up on Thai restos in Sheffield. Never had a really terrible meal at any one of them, but never had a really good one either. If I want a green curry I'll go get one from the Chinese Wild Rice takeaway for about £4 rather than go to those Thai places nearby where it's probably almost double. It's an utter myth that they have to be Thai to make decent enough Thai food. Any halfway competent cook should be able to do it, unless perhaps you're talking about the really stellar heights of the cuisine which just isn't going to be likely to happen in Sheffield is it.

Have the real thing in your own home.

Thai meal provided for you and your guests cooked in your own kitchen. You can even watch and learn. At a push .......... we'll even teach you individually one dish at a time.

Ring for details: Authentic Central Thai Cuisine: 07940808834

Have the real thing in your own home.

Thai meal provided for you and your guests cooked in your own kitchen. You can even watch and learn. At a push .......... we'll even teach you individually one dish at a time.

Ring for details: Authentic Central Thai Cuisine: 07948808834

its not this bloke who comes round is it:suspect:

I've given up on Thai restos in Sheffield. Never had a really terrible meal at any one of them, but never had a really good one either. If I want a green curry I'll go get one from the Chinese Wild Rice takeaway for about £4 rather than go to those Thai places nearby where it's probably almost double. It's an utter myth that they have to be Thai to make decent enough Thai food. Any halfway competent cook should be able to do it, unless perhaps you're talking about the really stellar heights of the cuisine which just isn't going to be likely to happen in Sheffield is it.

I used to go to Leeds or Nottingham regularly for Thai - because I also felt there wasn't a decent Thai restaurant in Sheffield.

There was a period a few years ago when Bahn Thai was 'good' but they seemed to lose their way a bit.

What I would say to you is, if you haven't tried it, give All Siam on Ecclesall Road, near to Hunter's Bar, a go. I warn you - it is VERY expensive - but it is very good quality. I eat out all over the country, I do a lot of business entertaining and I rate this place as one of the best. You might just change your mind.

Archived