Monetry Olympic coins in circulation

Just routed through my change before going to the vending machines and I found a ten bob bit with what looks to be like 2 Kick Boxers and the 2012 logo on it. Anyone else seen something like these, different designs, number in batches etc?

There are 29 different Olympic 50p designs representing different sports, people are selling their pocket change on ebay, that's why you don't see many, probably be loads around after the Olympics.

http://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/london-2012/50p-collection

Maybe yours is Taekwondo? http://www.royalmint.com/shop/london_2012_50p_sports_collection_taekwondo

Royal Mint Offer.

London 2012 50p Complete Folder with 29 50ps @ £89.50

How does that work then, 29x50= £14.50 + £5 postage, less than £20. On offer to you the gullible general public @ £89.50. Someone is taking the Mick here.

Angel.

Royal Mint Offer.

London 2012 50p Complete Folder with 29 50ps @ £89.50

How does that work then, 29x50= £14.50 + £5 postage, less than £20. On offer to you the gullible general public @ £89.50. Someone is taking the Mick here.

Angel.

It works because people collect coins. Postage is £2.95.

At least they're mint condition uncirculated coins, you can pay £2 for somebody's old 50p from their pocket change on ebay. I think some circulated Olympic 50p collections were getting over £60 on ebay.

I'm keeping hold of them in my collection when I get them, but no way I'm going to pay silly money on ebay etc. In the autumn there will be plenty about, I don't think they were particularly limited in number the the mint.

At least no more limited than any of the numerous other commemorative 50p coin designs.

I'm keeping hold of them in my collection when I get them, but no way I'm going to pay silly money on ebay etc. In the autumn there will be plenty about, I don't think they were particularly limited in number the the mint.

At least no more limited than any of the numerous other commemorative 50p coin designs.

They're much less limited than most other commemorative 50p designs, looks like there will be 3 million of each sport design, 87 million in total.

Just tried an ebay search for completed 50p auctions.... plenty finished with no bids with a starting price of 99p.

Going like hotcakes if you have a buy it now listing with a few different designs listed, people paying anything from £1.50-£2.75 inc postage (£2.99 uncirculated in collector pack from royal mint)... I'd link to one but I don't want to advertise them.

Archived