Anyone spotted any free / cheap eye test offers?

On going issues with my prescription from Boots so want to go and get another test somewhere completely different and see how it compares. Having already paid for the eye test and new lenses I would like to find a free / cheaper one this time before getting my lenses replaced again.

Has anyone seen any offers or had a test done recently?

Cheers

:)

That was exactly the same with me, but second test with a different optician they are a lot better.

Mine was not the Meadowhall branch, it was the one in town. I don't understand how it can be so wrong, they have checked it 3 times now. I do the test and can see the chart fine. I bought some new lenses for my existing frames and they have been checked and are correct to the prescription Boots have given me. The last time I went in they changed the axis of one eye by 10degrees. Previously I have always bought standard cheap lenses, this time I bought thinner ones. I asked the people who make the lenses and they say the thinner thing should not make any difference.

I will try another optician then show them my Boots script and explain the problems I have been having and see what the say. I just want to see!

I've never had any problems with Specsavers at Crystal Peaks. They often have offers on where by if you buy a new pair of glasses you get your test for free. If you don't need new glasses then all you pay for is the test.

The price also includes having a photo taken of the back of your eye to check for health problems etc, I think other opticians charge extra for this.

There is a slight difference from normal lenses to the thinner lighter versions. The thinner ones take a bit more getting used to but worth it.

Why don't you make an appointment at another opticians and get a second opinion if you're not happy. At the end of the day its youre eyesight we are talking about.

I've never had any problems with Specsavers at Crystal Peaks. They often have offers on where by if you buy a new pair of glasses you get your test for free. If you don't need new glasses then all you pay for is the test.

The price also includes having a photo taken of the back of your eye to check for health problems etc, I think other opticians charge extra for this.

There is a slight difference from normal lenses to the thinner lighter versions. The thinner ones take a bit more getting used to but worth it.

Why don't you make an appointment at another opticians and get a second opinion if you're not happy. At the end of the day its youre eyesight we are talking about.

That's my plan, get a new test from scratch somewhere else, then see how it compares and what they say.

Archived