Anyone spotted any free / cheap eye test offers?

Does your job involve working at a pc? Alot of companies will pay for an eye test for you if you use a pc for much of the day

I'd recommend tesco

The place I used to work paid for my eye tests and I guess the new place should, I just was not sure if it was worth the hassle of asking!

The place I used to work paid for my eye tests and I guess the new place should, I just was not sure if it was worth the hassle of asking!

Depends what you need your glasses for

I need mine for driving/long distance, so this isnt covered by my employer- so although they'll give me a free eye test at specsavers, the glasses cost more from specsavers than they would at tesco

Slightly off point, but with specsavers, I dont get why it would cost more for them to put new lenses in my old (gorgeous moschino) frames than for me to buy 2 new pairs from them :huh:

I'd go with tesco

Depends what you need your glasses for

I need mine for driving/long distance, so this isnt covered by my employer- so although they'll give me a free eye test at specsavers, the glasses cost more from specsavers than they would at tesco

Slightly off point, but with specsavers, I dont get why it would cost more for them to put new lenses in my old (gorgeous moschino) frames than for me to buy 2 new pairs from them :huh:

I'd go with tesco

I go to Axis optical on Carlisle Street, they supply Boots and other opticians and are really good. I need mine for distance so guess I won't bother asking work! I thought it was just if you used a screen for hours in your job but never actually looked into it.

Well I went to Optical Express for my free eye test. The place is is not very welcoming, at first I thought the guy who did the initial tests was just some a laccy, he came accross like he really did not want to be there. Then he did the rest of my eye test! I nearly asked him if he was happy in his job but just managed to stop myself! His results were quite different to Boots' results but I would not go back!

Well I went to Optical Express for my free eye test. The place is is not very welcoming, at first I thought the guy who did the initial tests was just some a laccy, he came accross like he really did not want to be there. Then he did the rest of my eye test! I nearly asked him if he was happy in his job but just managed to stop myself! His results were quite different to Boots' results but I would not go back!

Thanks for your feedback and for sharing your experience. I hope you don’t mind me responding directly on behalf of Optical Express.

We are very concerned to read a complaint on this nature and would very much like to investigate your experience further. This is not the level of service that we aspire to as one of the UK’s leading opticians.

Could you email me at customerfeedback@opticalexpress.com with your relevant details so that we can resolve this situation for you?

Sandra

Optical Express

Archived