Advice needed on smart car problem

Hi, can anyone help and advise.. been to view a smart car.. its a good price and just what i need for a run arround.. however, it has the ABS/TRC light flashing intermitently.. can anyone advise please?

Yes, it has an ABS fault. If you are buying it from a trader you shouldn't buy it unless they get it fixed. If you are buying it private, then be prepared that you might end up forking out a LOT of money to get it sorted. It could be that they're selling it because they've already had the problem diagnosed and priced, but was more than it's worth for the car.

Yes i can help and advise stay away from any smart cars they are absolutely stupid there massively dangerous dont waste your money on it at all buy a nice little clio or something that has abit of rigidity i wouldnt ever recommend a smart car to anyone its like signing your own death certificate.

Hi, can anyone help and advise.. been to view a smart car.. its a good price and just what i need for a run arround.. however, it has the ABS/TRC light flashing intermitently.. can anyone advise please?

Yes i can help and advise stay away from any smart cars they are absolutely stupid there massively dangerous dont waste your money on it at all buy a nice little clio or something that has abit of rigidity i wouldnt ever recommend a smart car to anyone its like signing your own death certificate.

Why are they dangerous?

looks like they get a good rating for safety http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24599768/ns/business-autos/t/smart-car-gets-highest-score-crash-tests/

although i wouldnt buy one,especially with a warning light showing

Indeed, Smart cars are an EXTREMELY strong car, Location114 clearly doesn't know what he/she is talking about.

Some stuff...

Ncap report

Listen im not going to get into a small war with you posting links from various websites because the only people that do that tend to be people that dont really believe what they are saying they just like to make people believe they know something about the said thread.

I do not claim to be any kind of motoring expert i speak entirely from a common sense point of view look at the shape of say a clio imagine the situation you are hit head on by another car thats a fair old distance before the bonnet crushes and ultimately paralyses you now look at a smart car your hit head on there is pretty much nothing in front to protect you from being paralysed.

Indeed, Smart cars are an EXTREMELY strong car, Location114 clearly doesn't know what he/she is talking about.

Some stuff...

Ncap report

Listen im not going to get into a small war with you posting links from various websites because the only people that do that tend to be people that dont really believe what they are saying they just like to make people believe they know something about the said thread.

I do not claim to be any kind of motoring expert i speak entirely from a common sense point of view look at the shape of say a clio imagine the situation you are hit head on by another car thats a fair old distance before the bonnet crushes and ultimately paralyses you now look at a smart car your hit head on there is pretty much nothing in front to protect you from being paralysed.

Aye, tend to agree. Imagine one of these tiny Smarts hitting a large car, 4x4 or truck head on. I would be amazed if the driver and passenger walked away. A body bag would be more than likely.

Angel.

Exactly my point the thing with some posters on here they only post videos and links that support there theory they will not show the full story.

Aye, tend to agree. Imagine one of these tiny Smarts hitting a large car, 4x4 or truck head on. I would be amazed if the driver and passenger walked away. A body bag would be more than likely.

Angel.

Archived