Advice needed on smart car problem

Exactly my point the thing with some posters on here they only post videos and links that support there theory they will not show the full story.

LMAO so the official Ncap report is not enough proof for you and you prefer to go with someone's imagination about it? It's not my theory that Smart cars are an extremely strong and rigid vehicle, it's fact, with much evidence to support it and little against it.

Aye, tend to agree. Imagine one of these tiny Smarts hitting a large car, 4x4 or truck head on. I would be amazed if the driver and passenger walked away. A body bag would be more than likely.

Angel.

Listen im not going to get into a small war with you posting links from various websites because the only people that do that tend to be people that dont really believe what they are saying they just like to make people believe they know something about the said thread.

I do not claim to be any kind of motoring expert i speak entirely from a common sense point of view look at the shape of say a clio imagine the situation you are hit head on by another car thats a fair old distance before the bonnet crushes and ultimately paralyses you now look at a smart car your hit head on there is pretty much nothing in front to protect you from being paralysed.

A good example of lack of knowledge and poor thinking.

The official Ncap report is all very good and excellent but it still cannot defy common sense are you honestly suggesting if your hit head on by a range rover or something along those lines you have any chance of survival?..........thought not :loopy:

LMAO so the official Ncap report is not enough proof for you and you prefer to go with someone's imagination about it? It's not my theory that Smart cars are an extremely strong and rigid vehicle, it's fact, with much evidence to support it and little against it.

The official Ncap report is all very good and excellent but it still cannot defy common sense are you honestly suggesting if your hit head on by a range rover or something along those lines you have any chance of survival?..........thought not :loopy:

Wow, you're really in a world of your own aren't you?

let me get this right, your common sence knows better than official tests that show the car to be safe :loopy:

i suggest you wrap yourself up in cotton wool in case an errant toast crumb flies out of the toaster and blinds you, common sence says it COULD happen but tests state that it wont!!

Again i dont claim to be a motoring expert i speak entirely from a common sense point of view.

I would take fact, evidence and research over your version of "common sense" any day....

No im in a world with several other million people im sure if you google it you can find the exact population to date.

.... as would most of those millions of people.

Ok so where is this information you have found that if a range rover hits you head on theres a chance of survival please send me the link?

let me get this right, your common sence knows better than official tests that show the car to be safe :loopy:

i suggest you wrap yourself up in cotton wool in case an errant toast crumb flies out of the toaster and blinds you, common sence says it COULD happen but tests state that it wont!!

I have to go out now, so haven't had time to view any of the links above, so apologies if it is already posted, but there was a test on 5th Gear a few years ago, where they crashed a smart and a more conventional small car (corsa I think but I'm not certain) at high speed, into a concrete block. In terms of physical damage to the cars the smart fared pretty well - its cage design doing its job.

However, IIRC, they concluded that the occupents of both cars would have probably been killed, purely because of the high rate of deceleration. This is all from memory - it may be worth looking out the video to see exactly what they said. As I remember it, the smart was as good in a crash a typical small cars.

However, weren't there also stability issues with this car?

Archived